Is the door to door preaching work not the primary focus anymore?

by pistolpete 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Not a trumpet, kazoo.

We could have told them years the dtd was fruitless. And they chose the most inopportune time to go, Sat morning.

• hoser
    hoser

The tract work. Somebody in bethel ordered the wrong sized paper by mistake and they had to figure out a way to save face.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

It would be an absolute bear to try to get rank & file JWs to go back to normal door to door work after pandemic restrictions end or are greatly reduced. The longer it goes on, the harder it will be to restart.

I suspect that door to door will be greatly de-emphasized and a lot more "cart witnessing" will be introduced, even in areas where it would seem really weird. I suspect any remaining "door to door" will be more like "farm to farm" out in the rurals, and most urban and suburban JWs (probably over 90% of the whole JW population anyway) will be "on the carts".

Most JWs I know just love the carts. You get to "count time", you are "visible in the ministry", but rarely have to actually speak to anyone. If anyone shows interest, you have a great experience to tell. If anyone gives you a hard time, the cart overseer (yes there are cart overseers) just packs up and moves to a different location.

So that's my prediction: in the future, a major emphasis on cart witnessing, and the vast majority of JWs won't do door to door ever again.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So true Pete Zahut I remember that time well,how many times can the GB build up end expectations only for the R&F to be sadly let down again,and again and again.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Pete Zahut it was 1973 and a most happifying event was to be kicked off in the fall of the year with the release to the public of a new missive surely to thrill the hearts of all who received it. Of course we are referring to the distribution of Kingdom News No. 16 in which every publisher would likely want share.

As I recall each publisher was give an allotment to distribute. I don't remember much coming of it other than 16 more of the next latest and and greatest tracts being released.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don’t know about abandoning the preaching work.

But I have noticed that, since any hour requirement for pioneers has been dropped altogether, all of a sudden everyone want to be a pioneer! Lol

Practically everyone will be called a “pioneer” at this rate. And I’ve not heard it explained anywhere, if number of hours isn’t the deciding factor, then on what basis do elders accept or reject requests for pioneer status these days?

The whole concept of “pioneer” has been hollowed out to the point of being meaningless. As a consequence it is no longer the status symbol it once was. I can imagine longtime pioneers being quite discouraged by the influx of carpet baggers.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sorry, sad elder, I hit ‘dislike’ by mistake. 😯

• asp59
    asp59

But if preaching work is done. Then there shouldent be any letter writing anymore. Right? Not only door to door. All preaching should stop.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

In the local congregation there are about 30 regular pioneers now. The congregation is about 130 publishers I think. Mostly it is the women spending every morning on zoom chatting and writing letters.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Mostly it is the women spending every morning on zoom chatting and writing letters.

Well, the bible prophesied this would happen

(Psalm 68:11) . . .Jehovah gives the command; The women proclaiming the good news are an army of large women.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit