My congregation is something else!

by nowwhat? 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skin
    skin

And Zoom text (Days text is happening each morning over zoom)

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

According to my PIMI parents, they started with multiple remote sessions during the week to get people accustomed to the new platform. Now, it’s back to the same time as usual; one meeting during the week and one meeting on Sunday. They don't have to dress up special for the meetings though they need to be presentable IF they want to turn on their camera, which many choose not to.

As for field service (phone calls and letters), that’s only for those who want to attend. Nothing changed there. So, yeah, they are scheduled, but no additional pressure to attend those.

So, quite frankly, I was a bit relieved for my parents as it’s far from being as bad as I originally thought.

While my parents and in-laws are in three different congregations that act about the same, I guess the experience differs in other congregations that have been mentioned in this thread.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I remember when my Ex wanted to start watching JW TV together and reading the Bible in an effort to help our relationship..

I couldn’t do it. I was really conflicted. I couldn’t unlearn TTATT, but I felt terrible because she was a believer ( or perhaps just didn’t know what else to do, or couldn’t imagine another solution ) and trying to be a good JW... 🤦🏻‍♂️

It’s really sad. She’s not a bad person, she’s just trapped by JWism...

DD 😢

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

According to my daughter, they are having meetings with only a handful of people (Zoom has limits on the free version) and last week they had a ‘family night’ and played games instead of the mid-week meeting. They aren’t going in field circus at all or getting dressed for the meeting. Must be just every locality deciding on their own what meetings should look like I guess.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Data-dog: I whish there was a sad emoticon I could have clicked on your post. :(

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This cult is something else...a letter from "Mother" will be read at midweek zoom meetings to all congregations to the effect:

"Hey y'all...Even though everyone is in a time of crisis...don't forget to send in your donations to the World Wide Work Fund!"

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Heard the letter. No mention of aid flowing back. The elders have a list of phone numbers for unemployment, health agencies, all the gov. programs. No mention of starting a food bank, or mentioning salvation army, catholic relief, or mormon charities.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

(Zoom has limits on the free version)

Anony Mous ...

I don't know how they can use the free version of Zoom since it has a 40 minutes session limit.

The "Pro" version is only $15/month and has no daily limit on time and I believe has up to 100 attendees.

Rub a Dub

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Just when you were wondering how much more ridiculous can this cult get during this crisis...word is...that at either this week's zoom meetings or via emails or by texts messages...the rank & file are being reminded by elders to turn their time in for the month of March...what's next?!?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit