My congregation is something else!

by nowwhat? 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Not only do they want everyone dressed up for the zoom meetings( which I won't do) they decided to keep the zoom meeting at 1pm Sunday! So they don't upset their spiritual routine! Ugh! Facepalm

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

nowwhat?...you think your congregation is something else!

I've heard of some congregations holding meetings for field service via Zoom on Saturday & Sunday mornings while rank & file are homebound...seriously! Talk about getting dressed with nowhere to go!🤣🤣🤣

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Having these meetings like this, imposing the same dress-up as for a physical boasting session, is perhaps the stupidest thing one can do. Do they have the ability to stream videos? Why not just do that, and let those who refuse to watch those videos simply deal with the consequences? I hope they find many people whose unbelieving mates blast Christmas carols or heavy metal/rap music during the stream, right in front of the zoom cameras. Or display Christmas lights or other seasonal/holiday decorations (or even blatantly Satanic items, such as Demon sigils and the like) right on the camera.

As for me, it is not worth the electricity to stream one of those wastefests. If they infect my computer with this, I will simply disconnect from the Internet and run a full antivirus scan. I find the process, I will use my task manager to try and shut it down, then try to do a clean uninstall of it from my computer. (And there is such a thing as rebooting my computer--and blaming Windows 10 when I have Windows 7.)

• waton
    waton

with all the congregations going zooom, expect interesting shifts in power patterns.

"Elder"will become more and more a misnomer, unless you take the COLDS as a norm.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Yes they are having Zoom ministry meetings.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I've heard of some congregations holding meetings for field service via Zoom on Saturday & Sunday mornings while rank & file are homebound...seriously! Talk about getting dressed with nowhere to go!🤣

They do that at my congregation too. They have a zoom meeting on Saturday morning and also midweek. All must get dressed as if going out in service and after a short talk and prayer they all log off and do their service by telephone or email letter writing. As mentioned in a recent letter you can direct people to the Awake 2016 No. 6 on line about Disease and how to reduce the risk. A "placement" can be counted for each such call and a RV if appropriate.

Some people reckon this is a cult!!!!!

George

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’ve just set up zoom for my elderly father. To be honest I found it totally impersonal. Nothing like face to face contact in real life

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We, dub wife and I, tuned in Sunday. Some others were dressed up, others were not. Nothing was said. We managed to set it so that our faces were not shown.. Thank goodness, still showed her name as an attender though. No doubt that zoom demands far more attention than just listening in on an app.

I heard that another Congo with a pm meeting have changed it to morning during this period.I can imagine B o Es keeping a routine .....masochists!

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

My dog finds zoom fascinating.

RB

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Can you not just dress from the waist up?

Or just the nipples up? Who's gonna know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit