Origin of Life

by cofty 405 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Viviane " No thanks ....I don't need to deal with anymore childish drama"

The Rebel:- Oh the irony. Viv please examine your post history, each thread you attach yourself to becomes "childish drama"

Further irony, many posts ago Cofty said he would not respond to anymore of Slims comments. Well then my suggestion Cofty, is that you start a new thread with the same interesting "O.P" but follow your convictions ,and don't comment on Slims posts.

It's possible ex-witnesses are further forward than awake magazine science, and can be trusted to compare and contrast your O.Ps and alternative viewpoints without the need of ugly confrontations.

• cofty
    cofty
    Our body cells are continually replicating, renewing, dying so that the body is a different body (so to speak) than the one we had 7 years ago, apart from brain cells. However we are still the same person. - tornapart

Really interesting comments thanks.

I think I will pursue it further in a new thread.

Landy I think you are right. I wonder how more rational christians would handle it. Evolution has been accepted by millions of christians but very few Muslims. Would the realisation that life can arise spontaneously from geochemistry be any more of a challenge?

Rebel please deal with the topic or hush. The forum doesn't need any more "politeness police".

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Cofty I think I will hush :-) Besides I am going to the flicks tonight, which I am sure is less entertaining than this thread, and being accompanied with a family who also require popcorn and coke rather expensive:-(

Hope the thread comes to a positive conclusion!

• cofty
    cofty

Get the popcorn, sweets and drinks at Poundland.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Oh the irony. Viv please examine your post history, each thread you attach yourself to becomes "childish drama"

OK, I don't think you know what irony is, but, whatever. It's hardly my fault if people that can't defend their claims or who make faulty arguments attempt to make everything personal.

Further irony, many posts ago Cofty said he would not respond to anymore of Slims comments. Well then my suggestion Cofty, is that you start a new thread with the same interesting "O.P" but follow your convictions ,and don't comment on Slims posts.

Again, that's not irony, but whatever. Perhaps you should let Cofty post as he sees fit?

It's possible ex-witnesses are further forward than awake magazine science, and can be trusted to compare and contrast your O.Ps and alternative viewpoints without the need of ugly confrontations.

The problem is that people get tied up emotionally with their argument. Separate the two and it's all fine. It's when there is a perception that attacking an argument is the same as attacking the person that there is a problem. If someone can't separate the two and starts making a personal attack, it's not everyone else's fault but their own.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Reading this thread is a bit like trying to pan for gold....

• cofty
  • tornapart
    tornapart

LOL...... this is more what I was thinking of Cofty...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    You are joking, right?
  • tornapart
    tornapart

Tongue firmly in cheek Slim

It's just there's some good points in this thread but there's so much of a slanging match going on it's like watching Wimbledon... and I'm not pointing my finger at any one person. It's just hard work cutting all the dross out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit