Origin of Life

by cofty 405 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Now Viv we may end up putting our boxing gloves on:-And I think I may be knocked out. But you asked the good points slim has made by posting and I gave my answer.

Your "answer" didn't say anything so, no, it really wasn't an answer. It was a response, but not an answer.

So, no good points raised by SBF, got it.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

That's not any 'point' that SBF has made Rebel, it's an observation about his . . persistence.

The fact that you were unable to come up with a single, clear point that SBF has made is rather telling don't you think?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Nicolaou:-

Nicolaou, : The fact that you were unable to come up with a single point SBF has made is rather telling. Don't you think?

The Rebel:- Nicolaou, then please come up with a single point that Cofy and Vivianne have made that fits the same criteria. Rather telling. Don't you think?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

rebel asked

Should Cofty respond differently to Slims comments?

my reply: yes.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oh c'mon Rebel, that's the schoolyard equivalent of "well I know you are but what am I?"

I've tried to do my little bit to promote participation on this topic but childish taunts aren't what I had in mind.

Cofty, I hope your thread finds it's way back on topic. Good luck.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I think on this thread we have asked football questions and got football answers back. We can argue for hours, it's not just football it's, tennis to tennis, but that doesn't mean a collective answer is right.
    Huh? Not sure what you are trying to say. Maybe because the discussion is using the same terms that.. something something?
    Just because a term is used that is related to the subject doesn't mean the term is used correctly. It would be like calling pass interference on a running play (in American football) or icing on intentional high sticking (in hockey). Just because the terms are related to the same subject doesn't mean they are relevant.
    Nicolaou, then please come up with a single point that Cofy and Vivianne have made that fits the same criteria. Rather telling. Don't you think?

Wait, so you think that you being called out for not being able to come up with a single good point by SBF AFTER you claimed he made some is the same as attempting to call someone out for an answer they have given in response to a claim they (as far as I know) never made?
    Really?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

well cofty has made the point that life self starts - it does not need a starter. not sure about viv though.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Viviane " wait you think that being called out for not being able to come up with a single good point SBF AFTER....... ...."

The Rebel, Viviane, I know you miss me, so please understand there is not a 10 minute rule to reply to your posts. My opinion and answers will be more valued by "YOU" if you give me time, not only to come up with answers, but time to think how you will take those words, and misconstrue them to your advantage.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, I know you miss me, my instant replys and love me, but please understand there is not a 10 minute rule to reply to your posts. My opinion and answers will be more valued if you give me time, not only to come up with answers, but time to think how you will take those words, and misconstrue them to your advantage.

So now you give terrible answers and are pretending it's my fault?

No thanks, I've already got kids, I don't need to deal any more childish emotional drama.

• Landy
    Landy

If we could demonstrate that life could begin on its own, the upshot is, nothing would change.

JWs and other fundamentalists would just ignore it and carry on, in much the same way they did as evolution became generally accepted.

They would probably react by releasing a book entitled 'Life. How did it get here? By Abiogenesis or Creation?' It would be filled with quotes from dodgy out of date scientists, misquotes from respected scientists and that many logical falllicies it would make your head swim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit