PROOF Mormons have the truth

by neat blue dog 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I have had extensive and deep conversations with LDS/Mormons over the years. Don't fool yourselves! Behind the curtain they are no different than giving the appearance of being closer to the "biblical" requirements. Try looking for an ex-Mormon website or discussion group, it will stun you. I have put LDS into confusion with the contradictory concocted for them statements many times. Look into it carefully, Many never been jws only see the mask they use at the door, Mormons and jws. LDS has similar problems concealing sexual abuse of minors as well.https://apnews.com/article/Mormon-church-sexual-abuse-investigation-e0e39cf9aa4fbe0d8c1442033b894660

• LV101
    LV101

You're spot on blondie (as well as other posters) - they've some really wackadoo beliefs and, of course, like the JWs think they're special and outcasts.

I worked with several -- very cliquish or were. They've spent gazillions marketing themselves (sound familiar) to appear more mainstream and attract members. They do serve their country and vote -- very important -- and win much support from their communities. They push higher education (emulating the Jewish people) and are prominent in politics.

Many who run from the cult are still considered members (not sure about those accused of causing divisions like JW apostates) and would receive statements for tithing due -- even many yrs later. I knew about this yrs. ago not sure today but knew wealthy family who laughed tossed the statement in trash - Utah residents. You have to be understanding of them to reside in Utah - it's changing fast. They're always subtly recruiting/saving one for another notch on their lipstick case. I've family member in NV who experiences same -- have to be very cautious 'loving your neighbor but keeping the hedges high' per Mark Twain - I think. The demographics have changed much and no one cares but so many make great, responsible, neighbors -- they bother no one in my hood but there's few. It's amazing how many people admire them -- strong families, successful careers, etc., -- focus on charitable works in community.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yeah I wouldn't say LDS is better, it just has two basic differences that make it more 'liveable' if you will.

1: less strict views on shunning

2: allowances to participate more in "the world" via commerce, entertainment, politics etc. which if done right can provide better options, quality of life etc.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Don’t they believe in aliens and they will go to other planets

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Yeah I wouldn't say LDS is better, it just has two basic differences that make it more 'liveable' if you will.

On the other hand, JWs have access to booze and coffee, which helps one to be able to tolerate the crap more easily.

I'd call it a toss-up.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

ExB: Don’t they believe in aliens and they will go to other planets

If I am not mistaken, they believe that they will become gods and rule planets of their own. Which they learned when a man put magic golden plates in his hat and shoved his face into it, thus allowing him to learn the truly true truths of the universe. I mean, as religious stories go, it's not the craziest.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Good gravy, these weirdo cults are all the same.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"Which they learned when a man put magic golden plates in his hat and shoved his face into it, thus allowing him to learn the truly true truths of the universe."

They could show the entire world the truth they have discovered. Just produce the hat and the plates for anyone to examine. But sadly....they were 'misplaced'. As happens with magical plates one receives from a deity.

But I remember exactly what they said, specifically the part where you all have to do what I tell you. That part really stands out in my mind. Trust me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As I’ve said many times…

…the LDS is the WTS’s nicer but weirder older cousin.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes,,,they're strange relatives

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit