PROOF Mormons have the truth

by neat blue dog 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This idea that the LDS are bigger and more successful is just utter nonsense. Slim boy fat, and myself, have argued against this extensively over years.

• LV101
    LV101
    Not too sure that's always been the case or if factual re/net worth now or ever. LDS have owned so many cos (huge corporations) for decades plus rake in all the controlled tithing. They were quite successful and impressive to the younger people -- there's big wards built within ft. of high schools for recruiting. Offer many craft, cooking, sewing, courses for the female members as well as dance events for teens, holiday celebrations, sports areas for all. Even in the dark ages receptions/events were nicely done on their properties. People don't run when someone says they're Morman. They're respected and many well off financially - very industrious people -- quite influential in their communities.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

LV101: that is determined by your definition of what success is.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4801405261447168/comparison-between-jws-lds-sda-mexico

• LV101
    LV101

joe134cd - Yup. Successful family lives, businesses, friendships. People not begging for handouts like JWs. Some can't help if compromised health, age, etc., but they certainly don't encourage strong work ethics or education for the young.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I initially defined success as membership numbers.

However, I will agree that the culture with in the LDS is certainly more user friendly.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    In making this prophecy, he spoke of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

That's a bold claim with no evidence given. Do the Mormons and Jobots use the same propaganda company for their utter nonsense?

Hundreds of thousands of people are baptized every year. The Book of Mormon is being translated in many languages. Temples are being built throughout the world... No other organization can compare to it.

Again, what's the proof?

Compare Islam.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Pink of nice: I absolutely agree that these extravagant temples are been built. With no one in them. This has become criticism of the church of late. One example is of a temple that is been built in a neighbouring city from where I live.
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

punkofnice: That's a bold claim with no evidence given.

What do they think they are, a religion???

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    joe134cd - I will agree that the culture with in the LDS is certainly more user friendly.”

Like I said, nicer but weirder.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    joe - temples are been built. With no one in them

Perhaps they can share them with the jobots?

.....anything is possible if the price is right. It's all about money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit