Assembly Dramas:They were so bad.... but.... you waited for them to break away from the monotony!

by RULES & REGULATIONS 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

How did we sit through all that tripe?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

No a Mr Carpenter.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was in one at Norwich.

We had rehearsals each time with a different 'director'. They were sanctimonious attention seekers.

It was wholly an unpleasant experience.....but I got to wear women's tights.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Sir Carpenter... in sanctimonious tights?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Reading through all those comments made me realize that I sure do miss Outlaw but surely DO NOT miss the dramas.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

You know, I don't I ever waited for an assembly drama. I was always SO tired I fell asleep at assemblies. Once I was nice and comfy on a cushion, on the steps of a football stadium. All curled up at the feet of an elder (who had a chair, I didn't). I was still fairly new and he obviously felt I ought to wake up. So he started tipping nuts in my skirt. I was quite fed up. Ate a few nuts and went back to sleep.

As the years went by I progressed to finding an actual chair and sleeping through a good 60% of the assemblies.

• vienne
    vienne

I attended a few Watchtower Conventions with my mother. She took notes. I was bored silly. Most of the time. I liked the dramas though they were amateurish.

Mom had started a book on Watchtower history from the Knorr era to present. Uncle B was not interested for various reasons. So she was working that on her own. So we attended various meetings, went to old-timers houses and chatted them up, looked at photo albums and such. She never finished it.

Finding meaningful documentation was a challenge, and it was my first introduction to serious research.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Some of the old timers told me that Jephthah’s Daughter was the first-ever drama. I don’t know the exact year, but I think it was late ‘50s or early ‘60s

• vienne
    vienne

Uncle B says the first drama was at the 1966 International Convention. Jeremiah was the subject. And when Jeremiah broke the clay vessel the actor broke one on state. Me? I wasn't born yet, neither were my parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit