Assembly Dramas:They were so bad.... but.... you waited for them to break away from the monotony!

by RULES & REGULATIONS 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorb
    Gorb

I hated conventions and still do. The crowds, the silly witnesses, the overreacting applause machines, the tired feeling after the break.

When I was teenager, watching the dumb sisters, stupid, ugly, I knew this was not my plan.

At 28 I found a very Independed, beauty jw sister and a few years later we faded with much succes.

Now, children, higher education and a management top position.

Guys, take the stear in own hands and make a succes of your life!

G.

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse

"You just prayed that Bro. Franz was not the last speaker of the evening since he had very little concept of time and could easily go another half hour to 9:30PM or later."

I wonder if Franz and the other GB members actually hung around for the entire 12 hours for 8 days in a row, or just showed up in time for their talk?

• Smiles
    Smiles

Now in 2022 still seeing JW productions with awkward scripts, mediocre acting, and stubborn WT insistency for fake beards.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Bro with beard was encouraged to shave it off. Carrot held out to him was, "shave it off and be in drama." Part required stick on beard.

Bro with beard told them to take hike.

• Smiles
    Smiles

What that bearded brother Jesus of Nazareth?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

No but he is a carpenter.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

This years (Viewed it today) drama is a rehash of previous dramas with commentary by a string of helpers to various gb committees. As far as I could see, absolutely no new drama material was presented this year. They seemed to be parading future gb members so people will get used to their names and faces

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Drop

So the trilogy continues? Part 8?

• Smiles
    Smiles

a master carpenter? 🏚🔨

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Simon: The one drama that was awesome was when the pitch was raised a few feet and during the part of the drama where an earthquake swallowed some unfaithful from the OT (I can't even remember), they slipped down the side of it and it gave the appearance that the earth was actually swallowing them.

I remember that drama, but we saw it at the Belmont Racetrack in New York. That wasn't a bad venue for the summer conventions, since there was good shade and some nice areas where the seats were arranged in small fenced sections (6 seats to each, I think). A family of five or six could have one of those to themselves and it wasn't a bad way to spend the convention.... assuming you got there early enough to reserve one.

Like others here, I remember that the dramas were something we looked forward to because it broke up the monotony of one talk after another. I don't think I cared that the costumes were a bit cheap looking and the acting was often poor; I wasn't expecting a fancy and expensive presentation and we knew that it was done by people donating time and effort to build the sets and costumes and to do the acting.

But mostly, we were happy for a reprieve from the endless talk talk talk...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit