Day 1: The Night of Anger, Tears, and Pain

by Saethydd 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This is all par for the course when coming out to a JW that you no longer believe.

She is upset not dying she will survive.

You are not a wicked person just thinking for yourself and last time I checked that isn't a crime worthy of that type of hysterics.

Stay strong keep it in perspective because lord knows nobody else will.

• jp1692
    jp1692

What dubstepped said 👍

• zeb
    zeb

The gifts that were returned if you still have them give them to a St Vinnies store. You wont have them around to depress you and many will get a joy out of them.

My empathies to you and remember "if you are going through hell, keep going"... Churchill.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Thank you for all of your support, I'll be sure to keep you informed on how I'm doing. I've got about 90% of my stuff moved into my new place and will be getting the rest this afternoon. I feel so much more at home right now than I have for a long time.

• WeatherLover
    WeatherLover

Wow, sorry it happened this way. I'm glad you're getting settled into your new place and I wish the best for you...my time is yet to come.

• notalone
    notalone

May your new home be filled with peace and adventure.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Saethydd - you have my heartfelt sympathy and best wishes.

What makes these otherwise decent people behave in such a fanatical way? After all, they are counseled to be "kind to all"

At least you know that you can be who you really are, not pretending to be someone you are not. It is an interesting road ahead ....

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Aye, you've made a wise choice and it seems that you are handling the turmoil quite well.

Your family who remain within the Cult know not what they do; their actions are the result of the exceedingly deeply planted mind control indoctrination which is, very sadly, the only recourse they believe that they have.

As others above have already pointed out; it is essential that you continue to treat all of them with kindness and love when interactions occur. Most importantly, for your own peace of mind and sanity, forgive them completely for what they have done as a manifestation of their fears. For some this part is difficult, but the sooner any feelings of resentment, anger or hatred are let go of the more quickly will your recovery begin.

Best wishes to you. I believe, as the others have stated, that you will indeed do very well and that your healing will be complete.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit