Treatment of Those Trying For Reinstatement

by Vanderhoven7 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The WT Borg only trains elders in procedures.

Its all about protecting the WTs a$$ets,,image.

They just tell people they have their interests.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Lee, he was teaching you to be hUmBlE. Asshat.😡

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh
    Lee, he was teaching you to be hUmBlE. Asshat

Like I was humble for 15 years of abuse

Definitely had enough and it cured me for good from ever wanting to go back

• incognito2014
    incognito2014

Not a reinstatement story but Lee your treatment by an elder sort of reminded me of a time when I went to meet for field service and an elder asked me to work with a "brother" who had literally just had an affair with my wife. I was caught of guard and actually went door to door with him. Pretty stupid thing of an elder to do to someone but also pretty stupid thing for me to do, should have told them both to get lost.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

When a relative was DF'D she went to get reinstated but the abuse was so bad that it was not worth the trouble to bother. Why put up with abuse?

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

OMG incog. Fricking unbelievable. But I do believe it.

Fooled - when you are the victim of abuse, you can't see it for what it is. You think you can fix it, stop, it or that it is your fault. Women, in particular are programmed to be submissive so they stay. Also the wedding vows of "til death do us part" are too often taken quite literally. And if you were baptized and supposedly made a vow to God then you submit to what you believe are His rules

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Vidqun - yes, a year is the magic number unless you did something that REALLY calls for more time of being humiliated, degraded, shunned, treated like dirt etc.... I think you get the point. The short answer is that the timing is on a need to know basis - AND YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW! :)

I have seen some brothers and even some sisters who were subjected to extra years of being OUT because the BOE hated them. They didn't want them to leave either because they enjoyed beating them, so they told them that moving would only prolong their time out. There is a word for that but I cannot think of what it is..........unless it is:

SADISTIC

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

A cousin was turned down, then was asked by a bully elder what she thought would change things. She said, get you off the committee. To his credit he stepped aside, and sure enough she promptly got back

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

It is sad that reinstatement isn't easier or at least less hostile. Many do want to return even if only to conclude a thinking process or perhaps re appraise things. Belief is personal and world events throw many into a quagmire of uncertainty and fear. None of us have any right to dictate another's belief or religious convictions. There are many good people within their ranks, and family ties have suffered. So much misery etc which could be avoided...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

I wonder if the arrogant elder you mentioned is still around. If so, I wonder what he thinks about the JW religion now?

So many people of all ages have left. They can’t even get younger people to stay.. I remember years ago when someone was disfellowshipped and would try to come back and be reinstated - only to be rejected and told they had to wait.

I wonder if they are so eager to reject people now? It seems these elders were on their high horse back then and imagined they could be ‘choosy’. If they really didn’t like somebody they would knock them down. Now, people are leaving left and right.

Do they imagine it’s like the old days where they expected somebody to crawl on their belly begging to be ‘allowed’ to come back? 🤣🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit