Jehovah's Witnesses: Zoom Cancelled Love Jehovah Go Back to In Person Meetings

by HiddlesWife 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“Who knows if they put on Zoom and do something else while they are ( supposedly ) listening to the meeting?“

That’s what we do, and my wife is still a believer, she just finds the modern meetings boring… Suits me !

That guy in the video is an entertaining presenter, I thought it was well done. I cannot see zoom ending though .

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about all the energy waste from travel to and from boasting sessions? If you live 45 minutes away from the boasting session, that is a complete time waste. And many people do not have that much time, between work and other things that need to get done around the house. It is either Zoom or not going at all for these people, elderly or not, infirm or not. I hope the result is people not going at all.

• St George of England
    St George of England

At my age there is no way I am returning to meetings at the KH. I'm sure many more of a similar age to me in the congregation feel the same way. Getting there is difficult, there is little parking nearby, it's expensive and Public Transport takes an age.

ZOOM ON FOLKS!

George

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Zoom hasn’t been cancelled at all

That can of worms is now open

all They can do is say only very old and infirm can use zoom

but the biggest thing is for those wanting to be reinstated can’t be let in on zoom

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

It depends on geography. My parents received one of the famous "shepherding call" and were told zoom is here to stay.

But then it depends on the will of the "mothership". If mother says Zoom should be chopped and it will be chopped

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

It has to come from the top

we as appointed men can’t make the decision to chop zoom it has to be from the GB

i can see changes to make it only those approved for zoom for a genuine reason or something like that

all COs are looking at the poor in person attendance and reporting back to the branch they are all talking about what can be done

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I still see a very empty car park in the Kingdom Hall in my local area. My elderly father tells me the meeting attendance can be any where from 50-70 in attendance. In a cong that claims about 100 publishers.

• Dagney
    Dagney

^^ This.

I was rerouted from a normal drive home from work and happened to drive by a local KH on a Tuesday night. Seriously, the parking lot was maybe a quarter full. Made my evening.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I think they would be making a big mistake if they cancelled or just restricted the Zoom meetings to the elderly and infirm.

I was reading posts on Reddit about how the religion can’t get people to come back. In my opinion as an observer, it was the two plus years away from the meetings that did the most damage to the religion.. In that time, people got ‘deprogrammed’ and got their minds back.

Let’s not forget that people were stressed out during the pandemic: some got sick, some lost jobs, etc. Also, people started to notice little things and some important things: like how important time is. Maybe they didn’t see the sense of all the meetings in the JW religion. Like why can’t they have one meeting weekly like other religions??.. Maybe people resented the level of control and intrusiveness into their lives and were glad to be rid of it. Maybe they came to see this wasn’t the ‘light load’ Jesus spoke about!

Even if some JWs do trickle back, I don’t believe things will be like they were before the pandemic - and even then the numbers were decreasing!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I think that as soon as the covid national emergency is called off, Zoom will stop but the elderly and sick will still be able to telephone in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit