Jehovah's Witnesses: Zoom Cancelled Love Jehovah Go Back to In Person Meetings

by HiddlesWife 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

This is a new video posted by The EXJW Critical Thinkers JT & Lady Cee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvMulZbcZVM&t=1s

I had a hunch that WT was going to do so, but this is happening quite soon. Any thoughts?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No way! I would be shocked if they do that. About 1/3 of JWs are still on Zoom. They’d lose a lot of people if they dropped it. Even before the pandemic, there were a few who joined by telephone. I don’t think they would drop Zoom now.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    No way! I would be shocked if they do that. About 1/3 of JWs are still on Zoom.

I agree! I was on Zoom yesterday listening in to my brother's public talk. There were 38 people on Zoom. Some were elderly, but there were some young people that are probably tired of traveling. They use Zoom to show that they are listening to the meetings. Some had their video screens off. Who knows if they put on Zoom and do something else while they are ( supposedly ) listening to the meeting?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

towards the last, I would tune in zoom, turn off sound and go about the house with what ever I wanted, and then I would come in for a minute and do a hands up, and then quit again. ( just to fool the others into thinking I was on the meeting.) and I would come back at the end sometimes. The break out chat rooms were a joke...there would always be someone on there who took over .

• Gorb
    Gorb

Most video screens of here also, I hear.

G.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere
    Think it's like saying watchtower gonna drop their website and start just printing papper magazine and books. It's not gonna happen. We are in the digital era now. There's no turning back.
  • FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Who knows if they put on Zoom and do something else while they are ( supposedly ) listening to the meeting?

Whaattt? Y'mean I was supposed to actually be listening to that stuff when I logged in to ZOOM, and then muted my PC and walked away to do other things? Now that I am full on FedUp I don't even do that anymore.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Before the pandemic, a lot of people were calling in. I can see and end to zoom once the national emergency comes to an end because there is no longer any need for it. So people can then just call in and listen without zoom like before covid.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

What they really want is zoom only for those who are really elderly or incapacitated

I know of one disfellowshiped person trying to be reinstated who has been attending on zoom for six months now the elders seem to say you are not elderly or incapacitated and won’t let them join on and they have to come in person only

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

What they really want is zoom only for those who are really elderly or incapacitated

That would mean no end to Zoom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit