Convention invitations

by dothemath 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

It would cost a small witness family a minimum of 700 $ to attend the local assembly. and we invite strangers to join? Tolls, hotels, of course the public might spend that to see a professional performance.

If this is a defining moment in a struggle of cosmic consequences, make that comic.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

A couple years back in this country. Wt assigned the R&F to an assembly that was a 1 hour plane flight away. The irony of it all was that the airport that they would of had to flown out of, was only a couple a miles away from where another assembly was been held at the same time. Every one complained. Just crazy.

• waton
    waton

Joe124cd : The wt insanity is, then to compel the R&F in the congregations to stand behind those decisions and spread papers that would compel (if they were in power) everyone else to follow these irrational travel patterns.

Lemmings, enticing prospective lemmings

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I know what your saying Waton. It's was absolutly crazy. I would be embarrassed placing those pamphlets expecting members of the public to drive 2.5 hours to the nearest airport and then take a 1h plane flight. Everybody was left either complaining or trying to understand it. I'm guessing Wt must of got a good price on the venue. I've also noticed that some big international acts also choose to use the same venue.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Just had someone knock on my door with a 'convention invitation'. It seems they're desperate to increase attendance. Not sure about other areas, but a quick look at the JW 'convention finder' on their website and a comparison with the capacity of the venues that they're renting in my region (considered cumulatively) suggests considerably smaller attendances than previously.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I live on Vancouver island... For anyone to take a car o the convention in Vancouver (the mainland) cost 200$ or so round trip for ferries. Now lets add a hotel. 7000$ is that disgusting city (YES IT IS! The surrounding mountains are paradise but the city is disgusting.) Now lets add food 3 days 100 dollars ... gas.. 50$... Over 1000 dallars to see a religious event...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit