Convention invitations

by dothemath 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

So everyone is supposed to get all excited about the invitation work starting tomorrow, according to the announcement from the platform.

Maybe this makes sense if you're giving out invitations in the city where the convention is, but what if you're many hours away?

A huge part of western Canada is scheduled to attend Edmonton Alberta this July. So how does that go over giving out invitations in Winnipeg, about a 13 hour drive(that's just driving time).

i know some are actually planning on flying there, so I can't see getting excited about getting the public to make the trek.

I was curious how this is going over in other areas?

• Spiral
    Spiral

It doesn't, but it keeps the worker bees busy. Here locally we are 3 hours away from the convention site. I am sure no one who received an invitation will drive down and attend. Funny how no one puts that together.....

• blasphemous.mouse
    blasphemous.mouse

Use them for summer bonfire kindling. They burn realllllly well.

• hoser
    hoser

At the convention they will have an experience on Saturday afternoon interviewing a pioneer from a distant congregation who met someone at the convention that they gave an invitation to. It could be total bs but it stops the rank and file from questioning the invitation work.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

It keeps you busy. Meanwhile they continue undercover..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Here locally we are 3 hours away from the convention site.

I got an invitation like that, the convention was 3+hrs away.

It would have taken those morons over an hour to get to my ranch from a local KH.

I wonder if they ever found their way back out of the mountains?.....Or...

My Dog Ate Them?......"Rover"

...................................Image result for Small arrow pointing down

Image result for Bear chewing man

• Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

There was an invitation folded neatly in my door. No one buzzed the bell or knocked on the door.They Just stuck it in the screen door and moved on... The convention is 2 hrs away.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"There was an invitation folded neatly in my door. No one buzzed the bell or knocked on the door.They Just stuck it in the screen door and moved on... The convention is 2 hrs away." -- Toshibabadu

Covering the territory, reaching as many potential attenders as possible.

I remember dear Sister Kraker, an anointed sister at Brooklyn Bethel, wife of equally diminutive but robust Simon, also of the anointed remnant. They were both devoted and enthusiastic Witnesses. Sister K. worked in the subscription department. She held up a yellow Awake! subscription blank and told me that little piece of paper represented the possibility, the hope of someone's coming into THE TRUTH.

She was so sincere; I, too, felt that the smallest gesture -- naming Jehovah's name, giving out a handbill to a stranger, inviting someone to the KH -- would produce monumental results.

Certainly, there were results . . .

• waton
    waton

If ever just .5 % of the invited come, there would be chaos, there actually is, at 8 am on every day. Why don't they mention the 8 am opening, then the invited would get a taste of Christianity insanity in action, and a foretaste of the "New World" to come. Convention 5 hours away, even an possible overnight wait. nuts for nothing

• freddo
    freddo

Utter, utter complete and utter - waste of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit