Convention invitations

by dothemath 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

These invitations given out for conventions is purely propaganda aimed at the converted to make them think they are acheiving something in their ministry .

The reallity is NOBODY and I mean nobody ever turns up as a result of these invitations.

The same is true when they have a campaign at the local KH inviting the public to a " Special Talk" nobody ever turns up,

That is my experience in 33 years as an active witness.

Edit to add :I apologise their was one couple that I know who came because of an invitation.One couple in all of the 33years in about six congregations I attended .and they never came back because they thought they were going to get handouts from a "christian group"

• Chook
    Chook

Imagine if JW went bankrupt, Big Tony final harah would be covert planes dropping leaflets to the pagans below warning them of their demise, Tony on that big white horse is front cover.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor
    freddo

Utter, utter complete and utter - waste of time.

You're right freddo. It wasn't until i left that i noticed just how unsuccessful these campaigns are. When i was in i thought "wow! surely only Jehovah's holy spirit could direct such a thing. Everyone in the country receiving an invitation."

Last year i never received an invitation through my door. I probably wont receive one this year. Come to think of it, i haven't had a JW knock on my door at all in a whole year. And it cant be because the congregation is avoiding my door because i moved 8 months ago and they dont know my address.

Waste of time, energy, money and paper.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

If you did come odds are you come in normal street wear. You would stand out and really feel out of place. Its like going to a Mormon temple in a tank top!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Now that I think of it I recieved an invitation to a Melbourne convention a year or two ago and its a 4 or 5 hour drive away from where I live .

Thats crazy.

Nobody in this area takes up an invitation to a public talk at the local KH and yet they hand out invitations to a convention thats at least 4 hours away ?

Do they honestly think anybody will respond to these invitations ?

• stillin
    stillin

I have been approached a couple of times over the last few years about re activating my personal ministry by doing the "invitational work." They remind me how easy it is. You don't have to get into any discussions, etc. I said that I actually preferred to talk with people. Being shy about that was never a problem and time-counting was never a priority. They just don't know what to make of me!

If the convention was going to be good I might feel inclined to invite some lost soul. But it won't be. I will be wishing that I was at home relaxing or working on one of my many projects. Sitting in a convention in a shirt and tie is not my idea of how to spend a whole weekend. Why would I wish it upon anybody else?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The car drive from the Bracknell Kingdom Hall to Brighton Stadium is an approximate 85 minute / 72 mile one-way trip

The event takes place at the Brighton & Hove Albion's Amex stadium in July

Bracknell News, 29 June 2017

Jehovah's Witnesses have promised to visit every household in the town as part of a campaign before a convention in Brighton next month.

Six congregations worth of the Christian sect based in Bracknell are set to send out personal invitations encouraging the general public to come along to their convention.

The meet up will take place at Brighton & Hove Albion's Amex Stadium on July 14, 15 and 16.

READ MORE: http://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/15380907.Jehovah_s_Witnesses_pledge_to_visit_every_Bracknell_home_before_mass_football_stadium_convention/

• tiki
    tiki

Absurd.....and so incredibly wasteful of time and resources. Nice dog, outlaw....looks like a bear!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

13 hours! 5 hours! I can't imagine going door to door handing out invites for a convention that far away. Even when ours was only an hour away I questioned why anyone would drive that far for a religious convention especially that if weird Jehovah's Witnesses.

I work with a guy who regularly visited him and he told the brother the same thing. In his case it would be a nearly two hour drive to get there. He told the brother, "I've got more important shit to do." They never invited him again.

• waton
    waton

Pathetic that all this churning is advertised, when you can watch the proceedings on your private screen. but for those hopefuls trying to find a mate in the bigger selection: good hunting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit