Blood Cards on File with the Elders?

by EyesOpenHeartBroken 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I susept the variance in pressure for information collection and data racords on blood treatment is due to the proximity of "bloodless" clinics and if there are areas targeted for clinical trials with alternative drug treatments.

That's all.

Different actions for differents geographical locales.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Must be just in your hall. I served as an elder for 8 years in two states. That issue never arose. I also was taken aback when I read your post here.

I personally would not have consented to the elders having a copy of it. What good does that copy do for you when it sits in the Kingdom Hall. The document is active only at the hospital. So you carry it in your car or on you, right? Right. So at the Kingdom Hall file cabinet, it lays like a book on a shelf and can not help that doctor to help you whatsoever.

I think it's only happening in your hall, by your elders, on the one who's stepping way out of line.

• Clambake
    Clambake

Holy shit

I always thought it was just a card you carried in the event of emergency. If you chose to misplace it, well you know. I know alot of jw who don't ask don't tell about the blood card.

They are storaged at the Kh basically giving the elders power of attorney?

I sure hope that is not true.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Execute new healthcare proxies and have your PCP, other providers and hospital put a copy in your medical record. Keep a copy in a safe place at home and give copies to your closest trusted friends.

The newest one will always trump the older.

• James Jack
    James Jack

All congregations are supposed to keep a copy on file. The reason is in case of a Health Care emergency.

I know of 3 cases where an emergency occurred and families requested copy to deal with Doctors.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I filed my 'blood card'. In the trash can!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Spiral
    Spiral
    The last thing I'd want is an excuse for the local elders to try to use their "authority" during a health care crisis. Even if I liked them, which for the most part, I do not. We haven't been asked here, however.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From a BOE letter , an extract from "Checklist For Congregation Secretary .....Supporting Our Brothers With Their Stand On Blood" (May 2nd 2015)

Do I have a clearly labelled file containing copies of all of the congregation's A D documents?
    Such a file can help establish the views of pubishers who perhaps due to illness,old age or being unconscious are unable to articulate their decisions on blood in some circumstances the AD copy held by the secretary may be the only accessible document. .....................................

Secretaries should advise Group Overseers of those in their group who have not completed an AD document.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    James Jack - I have all the elders letters and was an elder not that long ago - I have no memory of anyting like that. Do you have a reference?
  • Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I don't know if it is policy but our co has started checking up that this is being done. So far I have managed to get away with a defence of "For the cards to have any legality, no pressure should be put on individuals, so I just mention to them (if I remember - which I don't) that they should make sure their cards are up to date and copies filed where necessary" I also make sure that I never have any blank forms on hand if I am asked for one.

Happy new year everyone.

SF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit