A BALTANT LIE in this weeks Isaiah study.

by apocalypse 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

A BALTANT LIE in this weeks Isaiah study.

In this week’s book study of the book Isaiah vol.2, there is the paragraph I copied here below, page 253 par. 12. Read it carefully, and then see the comments below. Note the highlighted wording.

12 In our time “the foreigners” have made their appearance gradually. Before the first world war, it was understood that a greater number of individuals would receive salvation than the number of those with the hope of ruling in heaven with Jesus—the ones we recognize today as the Israel of God. Bible students were aware of Jesus’ words recorded at John 10:16: “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.” These “other sheep” were understood to be an earthly class. But most Bible Students believed that the other sheep would make their appearance during the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ.

:: Besides the fact that this is not proper English sentence structure, which causes the reader to stumble over the words several times until an understanding of what they are actually saying is arrived at by the reader, this is clearly a bold LIE.

:: Clearly, the Watchtower is here asserting that prior to 1914, there was already existing in Watchtower literature, the idea, the teaching, the concept, the DOGMA, that there was an Earth-bound group of Christ’s followers. They say the “greater number… than the number of those with the hope of ruling in heaven”

:: NOWHERE in pre-Rutherford Watchtower writings is there ANY mention of an “Earthly class”, but rather a secondary “heavenly class” that was basically inferior to the better class.

:: I expect to see twisted scripture and such, but seldom does the Watchtower Fable and Crap Society come right out with a DOOZIE like that. A straight out lie.

:: If there was ANY such teaching in old WT literature, then why did they not quote the reference? Because it doesn’t exist!

LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES.

:: This Isaiah book is uncovered as a LIE by the contradicting statement in the Watchtower May 15, 2001, keeping also in mind that the Isaiah book vol.2 was also printed in 2001. Behold the quotes below from that article.

*** w01 5/15 p. 14 ‘Behold! The Great Crowd!’ ***

A Long-Standing Question

From the time of the apostle John until our day, Christians had been puzzled about the identity of the “great multitude.” The Bible Students regarded the great crowd as a secondary heavenly class, a group that had knowledge of Bible truth but did little about spreading it.

There were, however, certain associates of the anointed Christians who became very zealous in the preaching work. They had no aspirations of going to heaven. Indeed, their hope was in line with the public talk “Millions Now Living Will Never Die,” featured by Jehovah’s people from 1918 to 1922. Such individuals would be blessed with everlasting life on earth.

More Rays of Light

In the year 1931, Vindication, Book One, discussed Ezekiel chapter 9 and identified those marked on the forehead for preservation at the world’s end as the sheep of Jesus’ parable. Vindication, Book Three (published in 1932), described the upright heart attitude of the non-Israelite man Jehonadab, who got into the chariot of Israel’s anointed King Jehu and went along to see Jehu’s zeal in executing false worshipers. (2 Kings 10:15-28) The book said: “Jehonadab represented or foreshadowed that class of people now on the earth [who] are out of harmony with Satan’s organization, who take their stand on the side of righteousness, and are the ones whom the Lord will preserve during the time of Armageddon, take them through that trouble, and give them everlasting life on the earth. These constitute the ‘sheep’ class.”

In 1934, The Watchtower made it clear that Christians with an earthly hope should make a dedication to Jehovah and be baptized. The light regarding this earthly class was indeed shining ever more brightly!—Proverbs 4:18.

A Brilliant Flash of Understanding

The understanding of Revelation 7:9-17 was about to shine forth in sparkling brilliance. (Psalm 97:11) The Watchtower had expressed the hope that a convention scheduled for May 30 to June 3, 1935, in Washington, D.C., U.S.A., would be “a real comfort and benefit” to those pictured by Jehonadab. And that it proved to be!

In a stirring talk on “The Great Multitude,” delivered to about 20,000 conventioners, J. F. Rutherford presented Scriptural proof that the modern-day “other sheep” are identical with that “great crowd” of Revelation 7:9. (John 10:16) At the climax of this talk, the speaker asked: “Will all those who have the hope of living forever on the earth please stand?” As a large part of the audience stood up, Rutherford declared: “Behold! The great multitude!” There was a hush, followed by loud cheering. On the following day, 840 new Witnesses of Jehovah were baptized, most of these professing to be of the great crowd.

The Watchtower is SATANIC, as “Satan is the father of the lie” by their own words

• Nomad Soul
    Nomad Soul

Interesting, the book Isaiah was the book that I started to see how the Watchtower implemented believes withouth backing. Well, for example I noticed that they applied a lot of verses to the faithful slave and how the prophecy was being fulfill, withouth any facts or concrete explanations. Well but that time I was an atheist undercover, but that was the last straw, I stopped going at all.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Historical revisionism is the WT Society's stock-in-trade.

For another book full of whitewashes and deception, please see "Jehovah's Witnesses--Worldwide Proclaimers of God's Kingdom", copyright 1993 by the WT Fable society.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: :: NOWHERE in pre-Rutherford Watchtower writings is there ANY mention of an “Earthly class”, but rather a secondary “heavenly class” that was basically inferior to the better class.

Yep! Fact! I hope you are not surprised that the WTS lies like this all the time. They count on the loyalty and stupidity (and laziness) of their worshippers to buy this pack of crap.

Those dubs who buy this crap deserve exactly what they get: lies and crap. If they are too lazy to read their old literature and expose those bastards on the current GB, then fine: let them eat that shit and let them die with that shit on their breath.

I have no mercy for lazy people, and especially have no mercy for lazy-assed dubs. They only have themselves to blame for what they get and buy from the WTS.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

gopher,

: For another book full of whitewashes and deception, please see "Jehovah's Witnesses--Worldwide Proclaimers of God's Kingdom", copyright 1993 by the WT Fable society.

Technically, you are right. However, the "Prolaimers" book is by far the most honest book the WTS has written concerning its history. Barbara Anderson has told me many stories about what they did with her research for that book (they mostly shit-canned a lot of the embarrassing stuff). Nonetheless, when compared with the previous "Jehovah's Cluelessness's in the Divine Porpoise" book (written in 1959), the "Proclaimers" book is remarkable for its uncharacteristic candidness.

This is semi-candid approach was no doubt due to the efforts of opposers that had exposed and publicized so many WTS lies in that era. It's not because the WTS is interested in truth or what is right. It is because the WTS responds to bad publicity and institutes damage control, albeit sugar-coating it.

All big Corporations do it, even those who exclusively represent Jehovah God on earth.

Farkel

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

well done apocalyse! thanks for bringing that to our attention.

• Dansk
    Dansk

What the heck is a 'baltant lie'?

Dansk

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Thanks Apocalypse,

Yet another one to add to the list...I think my mum needs another visit...so i'll expect the elders shortly.

Dansk

It means the same as blaytent but with even more intent behind it...don't you know anything

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel
    12 In our time “the foreigners” have made their appearance gradually. Before the first world war , it was understood that a greater number of individuals would receive salvation than the number of those with the hope of ruling in heaven with Jesus—the ones we recognize today as the Israel of God. Bible students were aware of Jesus’ words recorded at John 10:16: “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.” These “other sheep” were understood to be an earthly class. But most Bible Students believed that the other sheep would make their appearance during the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ.

It's a little devious, yes, but I wouldn't call it a blatant lie, because technically e very line of this is in fact true. Whoever wrote it actually did his homework well enough to know that he could word it this way. The "other sheep" were an earthly group to come back during the Messianic/Millenial reign. This was, to the Bible Students, a different group than the 2nd-class heavenly "great crowd," which was different than the 1st-class heavenly 144,000.

Gamaliel

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

But I thought that Rutherford introduced the class of other sheep with the earthly hope in 1935.

There was no two classes before the assembly in which he made this talk and introduced this doctrine.

My mum always gives me the example of a sister who burst out crying at this assembly because she had never felt she wanted to go to heaven, which had been taught up to this point.

This was a baltant blatant lie, because most of the witnesses will never be told any different.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit