A BALTANT LIE in this weeks Isaiah study.

by apocalypse 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• onacruse
    onacruse

Gamaliel, thanks for that info. You point out a common disconnect. As an aside, I thought the following was rather interesting, as far as the "ancient worthies" were concerned:

w 1/15/25 p.23

In what does the better resurrection of these faithful ones {ancient worthies} consist? Their awakening is to a better condition; and their resurrection brings them to a point where, the Scriptures show, they will be changed from human to spirit beings at the end of the Millenium. That will be a better resurrection, emphatically. Otherwise, how would they have a better resurrection than other men made perfect?

Hmmmm...perhaps Beth-sarim was going to be remodeled for 1,000 years?

Craig

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

So Rutherford goes into a liquor store in San Diego. "I need to stock my bar...I'm looking for some 4,000 year old whiskey -- No, no, it's not for me, it's for Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph..etc.etc.."

Gamaliel

• Francois
    Francois

I don't know anything about what was claimed and when, or about the appearance of any of the multitude of "classes" of some sort of elitists and other WT crap. But I will say this without fear of contradiction. I have been a journalist all my life, well starting when I was 18, and taking a major jump when I was graduated with a B.S. - Journalism in 1969. And I can say absolutely that the WTBTS is guilty of the most cunning misuse of the English language I have ever seen in print. If I were called upon to edit their work, especially their Watchtowers, I would fail them every time.

No where else have I seen such a cynical and persistent misuse of word definitions, or in deliberate mis-construction of sentences designed to mislead, not to inform. It is clear that the WTBTS attempts to mislead, since the implied definition of words as used in any given sentence is so close to the real meaning, but with just enough twist to accomplish their goal of misleading the reader. This is the reason that reading the Watchtower aloud is so difficult as regards the sentence structure. The manner in which the sentence is put together along with their near-misses in implicit word definition produces concepts that defy intuitive reading. In the case of the WTBTS, that organization plays the role of the group of people who congratulate the emperor on the "beauty" of his "new clothes."

Prove this to yourself. Take any study article in any WT and examine carefully the manner in which sentences are put together. You'll find the most tortured, specious sentence structure and logic you've ever seen. And why? It's a very sophisticated manner of fence-straddling in a way that can later be said by them, "OH, we didn't mean THAT! We meant this other thing." And in addition, this "technique" misleads and confuses the reader in such a subtle manner the reader never suspects it. And if I hadn't spent most of the last 40 years editing and writing and being edited, I wouldn't catch it either.

Try it and see. Use your plain old every day logic and understanding of the written word and tell me if what I assert isn't so. Read the article out loud to yourself and see if you don't stumble at key points in any given sentence.

Hitler did a better job writing Mein Kampf, and was more honest in his effort.

francois

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Gamaliel... very interesting. Thanks for the info.

So, it seems that the WTS plays fast and loose with wording. The WTS always wants to make a big thing out of the 1935 Rutherford talk, so they ignore all the crap they printed prior to his 'unholy discourse', and highlight his talk as "new light".

Meanwhile, there was nothing new in his damned talk. Allz they did was dispense with the 'secondary heavenly class'.

Revisionist history at it's best.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello apocalypse,

thanks for the fine research...very true indeed:

another great, blatant lie!

Gamaliel: many thanks for the 1911 quote.

If someone had ...some doubts ..!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• AGuest
    AGuest

Regarding the WTBTS'... ummmmm... cunning... deceitful... hypocritical... "use" of words (may you all have peace), I wish to reiterate what the Farkelmeister said:

They COUNT on the loyalty and stupidity (and laziness) of their worshippers to buy this pack of crap.

And dear ones, they were not the first… nor will they be the last. Even the scribes of ancient times COUNTED on the people NOT to follow the admonition (and correct ADVICE) regarding the Law, to “read in it in an undertone DAY AND NIGHT”… and it was on that basis that they were able to MISLED the people! (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:2; Jeremiah 8:8)

What about today… do we still need to read the Law... or the Bible... “day and night"? No, we do not. True, we may need to refer to what is written (whether scripture, gospel or epistle) if and when we have doubt as to what someone says or lack faith as to what we hear spoken to us through holy spirit. However, if we learn to listen to the WORD of God… to the TRUTH… the One who “speaks to [us] from the heavens,” whose mouth utters truth itself in “low tones,” then NO man will be able to mislead us. (Revelation 19:13; John 5:39, 40; Hebrews 12:25; Matthew 3:17; 17:5; Proverbs 8:4-11) Because it is DUE to listening to earthling man… that Israel has been misled... each time! (Numbers 11:4-6; Psalm 146:3)

But if each one of us has to work out [his] OWN salvation… why then let another man… or group of men… lead you? Will not a blind guide lead a blind man into a pit? And yet, there are those… blind... who BELONG to “darkness” (for Satan keeps transforming himself into light, for he is the high priest of darkness…) who KNOW… that MOST of mankind is NOT “noble-minded,” and will NOT “test inspired expressions,” or ANY expression… but will blindly follow… the “greater number.” People want SO much to “belong,” to be “accepted,” that whatever the majority says… goes. We are SO afraid… of being “alone.” And like Satan… all those who receive their gain by means of deceiving the MASSES… know this! From governments... to r eligions... to newspapers... to television.

These... use misleading propaganda... rhetoric... and false teachings… to create… COMMUNTY. The recent war should show this: although hateful, immoral and just plain wrong… “we have to stick together!” Right… or wrong… it’s whatever the “community” deems best is what IS best! But WHO… is the “community?” My dearest ones... t he "gate" is NARROW… and the road CRAMPED… and FEW are the ones finding!

No, there is nothing wrong with “community,” when, of course, the word denotes a combined and unified effort to do GOOD. However, earthling man has always used rhetoric and propaganda to take “community” well past its honorable purpose, to a point where “we need to stick together” is ultimate… even when what “we” are doing… is wrong! Assassinating Hussein would have been "wrong" - declaring a war (which involved the entire nation, as well as others) in order to kill him... invoking COMMUNITY (by calling upon allies)... well, that's quite all right! In using "community" to carry out evil, t he WTBTS is among those most culpable in this light. It is not to the individual that they appeal; it is to the sense of COMMUNITY within the individual that they direct their falsehoods: that is why DISFELLOWSHIPPING is the most fearful thing among their members!

Those dubs who buy this crap deserve exactly what they get: lies and crap

My goodness, have a heart, dear Daddy-O! You and I were among these once…

I have no mercy for lazy people, and especially have no mercy for lazy-assed dubs.

Then, may you find it in your heart to have… pity.

They only have themselves to blame for what they get and buy from the WTS.

Indeed. As did we. May they, too, then, one day come to see the falsehood of the WTBTS… as did we.

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear "Dr. Daddy-O!"

Your friend and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hey Girlfriend! Shel is my bud.

Shel said,

: My goodness, have a heart, dear Daddy-O! You and I were among these once…

I have a huge heart for those of us who were among these poor deluded people. My heart nearly breaks when I read these stories from the new ones. You know me well enough to know that deep down, I'm full of compassion. I kill everyone who won't admit to this compassion I have! I've sorta patterened my life after WatchtowerGod(tm) who kills people who also have lots of love and compassion, but they just won't sell Watchtower Books! So, sell MY books. (If I ever get around to writing any of them!)

I think it only fair that God should viciously slaughter people who don't sell Watchtower Books, and their infant children, too. This makes the most sense to me for handling the anti-Watchtower problem. Pray for the wrath of an impotent God to screw up critics of your pet Cult.

Too bad the GB can't fire back on their own protesters. If they could, they would. Bank on it. These men REEK with hate, fear and paranoia.

Pity them. Losers, they.

Farkel

• the mole
    the mole

***the mole*** Hurray to you for this intelligent knowledge you have brought to us. I too have found many such things while studing and i have asked the brothers in my hall why. But the only answer i have recieved is not to question the organization it shows that i might be weak in the faith.. I will continue also to show how I have been tricked since my youth to believe this blatant lie....***the mole***

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hey Girlfriend!

(In my best *PB* voice...) DEWD!!!

Shel is my bud.

Uh-huh... and his sistah', too!

I have a huge heart for those of us who were among these poor deluded people.

I know you do, Dada-O...

My heart nearly breaks when I read these stories from the new ones.

And whose wouldn't? Oh, wait... we know whose...

You know me well enough to know that deep down, I'm full of compassion.

Yes, that, too! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! No, seriously...

I kill everyone who won't admit to this compassion I have!

Okay, okay... I take it back!!!

I've sorta patterened my life after WatchtowerGod(tm) who kills people who also have lots of love and compassion, but they just won't sell Watchtower Books!

Crikey... what a "role model"...

So, sell MY books. (If I ever get around to writing any of them!)

Yeah, cuz I'm waitin'... LOLOLOLOLOL!

I think it only fair that God should viciously slaughter people who don't sell Watchtower Books, and their infant children, too.

"Fair." Hmmm...

This makes the most sense to me for handling the anti-Watchtower problem. Pray for the wrath of an impotent God to screw up critics of your pet Cult.

Well, it didn't make sense to me then... and it don't now. I've read... and heard NOTHING that supports their warped, hateful logic. Always made my skin crawl, how much GLEE some of my former "friends" got out of that prospect. I could not hide my amazement at the... well, almost DROOLING... desire some seemed to display. Especially when they felt they'd been done a "wrong," at work... by a family member or neighbor... at school... No matter WHAT happened, "we" were always the ones being "persecuted." And my Lord knows I saw my share of "us" who lied, stole, did hateful stuff to others, talked about others like dogs... even bore "false witness against" others. Without blinking. And then talked about how "we" were "favored"...

ah, well...

Too bad the GB can't fire back on their own protesters. If they could, they would. Bank on it.

Of course they would... and they DO... in the ways available to them. But they are like the Pharisees of my Lord's day in the flesh who protested when accused of killing the prophets: "Who us? No! We're NOT like our forefathers... we would NEVER do such a thing," knowing full well that if they could get away with it... or convince some poor sap that God had his back so that HE would do it... they would. And that's the SADDEST part: "For the day will come when all who kill you will THINK they are rendering an act... of sacred service."

These men REEK with hate, fear and paranoia.

And what I have found most troublesome, lately, is the fact that there ARE "new ones", with noses... ears... and eyes... wide shut... walking head on into them... My heart just... cries... for them: if only they could be warned! And yet, I went along, too...

Pity them. Losers, they.

The leaders, yes, losers. Blind losers. Those they mislead... who WANT to be misled... are just like them. Those they mislead who DON'T want to be misled... but who stay because they have not yet figured heard "where" to go... are to be pitied... and their release prayed for.

Anyway... LOVED "chattin'" with ya... and the greatest of love and peace to you, O you most Farkelsome Daddy-O-Cious!

Your friend and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit