Sign of the Last Days

by Fisherman 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Duran - "Again, as I said if one was truly anointed, they would have never embraced something false believing it was true. They would have known it was false to start with if they tested it first."

Not necessarily. If truth is mixed with lies, it may all be accepted as "truth". (Matt 7:15-20)

Col 2:8 - Be careful that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit based on human tradition, based on the elements of the world, rather than Christ. 9 For the entire fullness of God’s nature dwells bodily in Christ, 10 and you have been filled by him, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

If you died with Christ to the elements of this world, why do you live as if you still belonged to the world? Why do you submit to regulations: 21 “Don’t handle, don’t taste, don’t touch”? 22 All these regulations refer to what is destined to perish by being used up; they are human commands and doctrines. 23 Although these have a reputation for wisdom by promoting self-made religion, false humility, and severe treatment of the body, they are not of any value in curbing self-indulgence.

Looks to me like Paul saw anointed ones falling for human doctrine, drifting away from the truth in Christ. This is exactly what has happened to anointed ones in the organization. I've heard JWs say that even though false teachings have come and gone, the "core teachings" are solid truth. For that, the organization will always remain "the truth".

King Solomon knew God's decrees, His truth. As God's anointed King, he was blessed with immense wisdom by the Spirit of God. Yet, he fell, and he fell hard into idolatry and sin.

Matt 25:14-30; 1-13; 2 Cor 13:5; Luke 22:31-32; Matt 24:45-51

Deut 29:16-21; Heb 12:15-17; Revelation 8:10-11 – (fallen star/false prophet)

“stars” - Phil 2:12-16 Dan 12:1-3)

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Duran - "Why would any truly anointed person accept false teachings and teach those teachings to others?"

Maybe these scriptures will help, showing the fall into false teachings:

Revelation 13:7,10; Col 2:8; Luke 21:24; Dan 11:33 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+13%3A7%2C10%3B+Col+2%3A8%3B+Luke+21%3A24%3B+Dan+11%3A33&version=CSB

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I don't know about all the ins and outs of the prophecies- I do believe we are in for a whole lot of climate upheavals, as Canada is currently undergoing massive fires and flooding as never before -- but when a governing body member , during the ARC sits on the stand and carefully says" we would not be so presumptuous as to say we are the only true religion" gives me pause as to why Konagirl is so hard pressed to continue quoting the WT to prove her points.

That ONE slip out of Jacksons mouth gave me a whole new revelation and perspective regarding what is really going on with the society. How they are misleading the publishers, saying what they have to say to keep hold of a persons spiritual health, while leading them down the garden path.

Why do we need someone to tell us what to do and how and why to do it? We are told to keep on the watch, be prepared and have faith in Jesus-- that's it! Why a multi billion dollar real estate, stock market investment company ( not a religious company), - knock on doors to build a base of money givers to guilt into living and slaving for them? It's like we have lost our gift of free thinking and reading the Bible, thinking and realizing as to what is right for ourselves, not the men who can eat, crap and lie to hold power over lives.

• Duran
    Duran
    Maybe these scriptures will help, showing the fall into false teachings:

They show nothing about falling into false teachings. These have to do with the time during the 42-months. You conveniently leave those verses out.

[5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation..]

[24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.] [2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.]

And again, when it comes to the chosen ones, these would never fall into false teachings. That is the whole point why they get chosen.

[These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.]

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Since Revelation is a book of “signs”, (Rev 1:1) numbers have greater meaning than what they appear on the surface in this book. We can’t apply them literally. If that was the case, then people would be walking around with the number “666” literally written on their forehead. (Rev 13:4,16-18) We cannot take the half hour of silence in heaven, (Rev 8:1) during the time when God’s saints are trampled, and truth was “thrown down to the ground”, as literal. (Dan 8:9-12; 2 Thess 2:3-4; Rev 11:1-2; 13:6-7) God’s heavenly timetable is not our literal timetable.

For ”one hour” the Beast from the sea is in power after it throws out the Harlot/false prophet who “exercises all authority” over it previously. (Rev 13:11-12; 17:15-18,12)

(these symbolic “10 kings who have not received a kingdom”, are the unsealed anointed who remain in the Beast, giving their authority over to it, instead of turning to Christ)

One literal hour would not be enough time to restructure an organization, to get it up and running again, before it is thrown into the “lake of fire” along with the false prophet. (Rev 19:20; Jer 23:29)

False prophet – “I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon. 12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. He makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.”

He deceives my own people who dwell on the earth because of the signs he was granted to do in front of the beast, saying to those who dwell on the earth that they should make an image to the beast who had the sword wound and lived.” Revelation 13:11,12,14

Same False prophet/harlot – “I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, that you have no participation in her sins, and that you don’t receive of her plagues, 5 for her sins have reached to the sky, and God has remembered her iniquities. 6 Return to her just as she returned, and repay her double as she did, and according to her works. In the cup which she mixed, mix to her double. 7 However much she glorified herself, and grew wanton, so much give her of torment and mourning. For she says in her heart, ‘I sit a queen, and am no widow, and will in no way see mourning.’ 8 Therefore in one day her plagues will come: death, mourning, and famine; and she will be utterly burned with fire; for the Lord God who has judged her is strong.”

The ”kings of the earth” are Christ kings (Rev 1:5-6) that either listen to the call to get out, (Rev 16:13-16) and turn away from their sins, or remain in the Beast.

• Duran
    Duran
    He deceives my own people who dwell on the earth because of the signs he was granted to do in front of the beast, saying to those who dwell on the earth that they should make an image to the beast who had the sword wound and lived.” Revelation 13:11,12,14

LOL. The deceiving being done here is by you in citing Scriptures falsely.

And I am still waiting for you to tell me where these TRUE so-called anointed (chosen ones) are today? How are they preaching and teaching, following the Lamb wherever he goes?

How is it that they 'remain virgins'?

How is it that 'no lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless'?

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Duran - LOL. The deceiving being done here is by you in citing Scriptures falsely.

It translated Rev 13:14 correctly:

WEB - He deceives my own people who dwell on the earth because of the signs he was granted to do in front of the beast, saying to those who dwell on the earth that they should make an image to the beast who had the sword wound and lived.

But I’ll give you the NKJV, will you accept that?

“And he deceives [a]those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived.”

The footnote for “those” says, “my own people”.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+13%3A14&version=NKJV

Why are these translations saying this? Because in Rev 13:7,10 it says the Beast “makes war with the saints”, and in verse 10, it says that they are taken captive by the “sword”. And we know “sword” symbolizes the word of God. (Heb 4:12) As I previously said, the anointed were taken captive by a bit of truth, securing them in Satan’s trap. (Matt 24:24-25; Col 2:8; 1 Tim 4:1) The very end of this verse says, “here is the patience and the faith of the saints.” It is a testing period that Satan demands to put each anointed person through in the last days. (Luke 22:31) So, the Beast from the sea which is under the authority of the Beast from the “earth”, which represents a composite false prophet, (speaks like a dragon)…is religious, and is NOT the United Nations.

The “kings of the earth”, Christ’s kings (Rev 1:5,6) help us to see also, that the Beast which makes war with these “kings”/saints, is a religious “beast” – an idol, that requires a symbolic mark on the hand and the forehead. (2 Cor 6:16) Just like the Wt does, which requires a dedication to the organization. This is mentioned in the questions asked right before baptism. This means that those who “worship” the beast (Rev 13:4) follow its decrees instead of God’s. (Deut 6:6-9) But, since a false prophet is in control for now, this means it is preaching a “different Jesus”. (two horns like a lamb) (Rev 13:11,12; 2 Cor 11:3,4)

Don’t you see that this is why God’s people are being called out of “Babylon?” (Rev 18:4) where a Harlot/false prophet “from the earth”, has broken their covenant with God and Jesus, and are teaching lies? (Isa 24:5; Jer 22:9; Isa 28:14,15,18,19) And they are expecting allegiance, dedication to the Beast/organization that they “exercise authority” over? This false prophet “breathed spirit” into the Beast. (Rev 13:15) This fits the “spirit directed organization”/Watchtower perfectly, where God’s anointed are held captive to “empty philosophy”, and threatened with loss of family and friends, even their standing with "Jehovah", if they dare go against the Beast/elder body/man of lawlessness. (2 Thess 2:3,4; Col 2:8; Luke 21:16-17)

Rev 16:13-14 – “I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits, something like frogs; 14 for they are spirits of demons, performing signs; which go out to the kings of the whole inhabited earth, to gather them together for the war of that great day of God, the Almighty.

God’s holy people ARE the “inhabited earth”.

“For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.” 1 Cor 3:9

“Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” 1 Cor 3:16 NKJV

God’s Temple/building/dwelling in Spirit is found in the hearts of His anointed ones. (Luke 8:5-8,15; Matt 13:38; Mark 4:20; James 1:21; 2 Cor 1:21-22; John 14:23)

“building” – “having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.” Eph 2:20-22, NKJV

Eph 2:22 WEB – in whom you also are built together for a habitation of God in the Spirit.”

Unless they have left the organization, the anointed are in the Wt. “beast”, just as I have already said.

As for your other questions, I believe I had already mentioned that "144,000" were blameless, and never worshipped the Beast. While, the remnant, the "great crowd" who come out of the great tribulation, are victorious over the Beast. (Rev 14:1,5; 20:4; 15:2,3; 7:9-15) This remnant that "washed their robes and made them white n the blood of the lamb" - which signifies their need to be cleansed - join the symbolic "144,000" bringing in its full number needed for the completion of the Temple/New Jerusalem/Bride of Christ. Rev 21:1-3

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It seems that religious people of centuries gone thought the end would be in their time. I get it. The end of all the crap our vile politicians put us through. The end of pain and death.

We can look all we want. Hope all we want. Convince ourselves all we want.

I'm just carrying on my life being great and wonderful as usual.

If you want scripture, Matt 24:36, 'Nobody knows when, Dude!' (Punk's translation).

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Every prophecy ever made about the end of the world has failed. Every, single one. Whatever Christian, Judaic or Islamic sect you care to mention, they have consistently gotten it 100% wrong.

The Mayans too and no doubt countless other shamen, mullahs and holy men.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. But don't panic! We have posters here on our very own JWN who are going to enlighten us with the truth. All it will cost you is your critical thinking skills and reasoning ability.

Well that's me in! 😂😂😂

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Every prophecy ever made about the end of the world has failed.

The Bible records prophecies of ends of worlds that did come true so that gives support to prophecies about Armageddon that logically also must come true. For example, Jesus foretold the tragic destruction of Jerusalem which amazingly came true, Noah’s flood, the Assyrian destruction of the ten tribe kingdom kingdom, the Babylonian exile of Judah and destruction of the first Temple, the fall and destruction of Babylonian. Given their authenticity, the Armageddon prophecies must also be true from the same book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit