My Observation: The People On this Board Are Very Nice

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Today's mood: Say nothing bad about Farkel.....Tomorrow, who knows???

• shera
    shera

Thanks Minimus

Your a nice guy too...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Say nothing bad about Farkel

I wouldn't dream of badmouthing you Minimus. I think you're a kind nice guy in a bi-polar-Three Faces of Eve-curmudgeonly sort of way.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good one Spunkychick.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Actually, the civility here is fairly good these days.

• Brummie
    Brummie

*sneaks in a lights the fuse of a bomb to blow up all the nice people*

legs it

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

You just say that because you haven't met me in person, Minimus. Everyone at work hates me.

Mike.

• Brummie
    Brummie

bendr, you bend pipes right? I used to chat in larrys WTreview, I think you did too?

Brummie 107

• azaria
    azaria

Do I see a contradiction or am I a simpleton?

I love your wit and ability to use comical yet honest rationale to get a point across so even some of these simpletons can understand it.

It is nice to see someone else with a realistic perspective. Listening to fundamentalist Bible-thumpers spew reasons they have "felt God" is actually quite nauseating. Ironic that they attribute all the positive experiences in life to God and all bad experiences to the Devil or human frailty is illogical.

You worded it well... don't you feel guilty raining in on their parade? However some people prefer to be naive.. because in some instances ignorance is bliss and they prefer to be happy or content with their beliefs that have no rationale or absolute foundation.. only faith.

I agree minimus. Since I came back and started posting here again a few days ago, I have noticed an all-around sense of decency on the board. I thank Simon for kicking off some of the nuisances (i.e. Yadirf, FredHall, comforter, jjrizo) who were around solely to stir up trouble. Some may argue that such an action produces a "Kingdom Hall" mentality, as some people criticize on "other" JW sites. However I disagree, this place is actually enjoyable to post at again because there are not endless flame wars with barrages of insults being tossed back and forth. In just a few days we have seen and shared in amazing stories and individuals have been comfortable enough to relay their experiences of heartache and despair in family issues with absolute strangers on this site. Then they received comfort and support from here when they had no where else to turn. That in itself makes this discussion board a wonderful place to be.

I personally think you are very unfair. What about respecting someone with an opinion that's contrary to yours. Or is it your belief that you only need to be decent with people that have your opinion.

I guess that means that I'm not very nice!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Most of the people here are very kind, compassionate, caring, considerate and loving. Some are not. Those are the ones I have a problem with and they with me. To everyone else...SMOOCHES! xoxoxoxo :) ~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit