Was there really a specific request for money in this week's meeting?

by stuckinarut2 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

And how they once used to lambast the "Churches of Christendom" for doing exactly the same thing!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Bungi Bill3 hours ago3 hours ago3 hours agoAnd how they once used to lambast the "Churches of Christendom" for doing exactly the same thing!

My PIMO friend told me that part of the local talk demanding money in a bullying fashion, did say that the WBT$ is fully justified because the churches have done it for a long time.

PIMO friend says the meeting was very viscous demanding money.

Then they had the shunning video.

PIMO said that the whole meeting was full of unchristian hatred, bullying and left them feeling depressed.

Those jobos are really getting the arse end of the tyranny from the scam corporation.

Let's hope more wake up and vote with their feet.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

So this lot have progressed from saying "our church don't do that sort of thing" to taking the stance "Christendom does it, so it is all-right for us too."

Bloody Hell! I obviously haven't missed out on much in the 23 years since I broke with them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    bungi - "Christendom does it, so it is all-right for us too."

Yep. That's the size of their vile hypocrisy.

Whether that was the personal opinion of the bullying jobo or not, I don't know. It sounds like something the 7 pervert protectors from Warwick would say.

Lovers of money!

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Hi Fisherman, the first two I’ve never heard of before but a “duro” is/was the term for 5 pesetas.

• steve2
    steve2

When the churches of Christendom ask for money, JW organization has lambasted them.

It must be years since JW organization has lambasted the churches - a little too close for comfort.

Why doesn't JW organization just introduce tithing and be done with all these "begging" letters? Perhaps more dignified in having a formal tithing arrangement than a smelly begging letter system.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Correct me if I am wrong I have been out for over 25 years ,so instead of just asking for members to just increase their contributions they have all these different projects they want you to contribute to ?

How many different projects are they requesting members to contribute to as opposed to the one general contribution we had 30-50 odd years ago.?

Remember how they challenged Christendom for putting ATM machines in churches and now they do the same thing .

How they challenged Churches for having big TV screens in Churches? and now they have the same thing.

And how can they say with a straight face they don`t beg for money .....when they do ?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    steve2: a smelly begging letter system

TBH, I wonder why a congregation resolution is even really needed for the GAA and the COAA.

They would both seem to be regular annual expenses incured as part of the congregation's normal recurring operating expenses and therefore do NOT need a resolution?

Actually I would have thought the only need for a resolution would be if the elders wanted to give more than what was required (ie they rounded up the amount).

The principle is outlined in the letter below:

BoE Letter, May 25, 2011 - Re: Public speakers

Travel expenses for visiting speakers should be considered recurring operating expenses. Thus, a congregation resolution is not needed. Congregation funds should not be used to cover expenses for other forms of hospitality, such as entertaining or providing meals.

Of course the requirements for the need for resolutions may change depending on the country you are in - and thus there may be some countries / congregations that present and pass a resolution every time the electricity company issues a bill, or more toilet paper needs to be bought....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit