Stupid armageddon false alarms

by purrpurr 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

There were too many for me to count. But here are a few that really stuck out in my memory.

An older sister who claimed to be of the anointed said these words to me, "If we knew how close we were to the end we would just die of a heart attack."

Several brothers from the stage (different talks) would say, "We are in the final seconds of the last hours."

But the biggest confirmation was when George Bush said in a speech at the UN, "Today we declare peace and security."

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Don't be so negative.

The end is just around the corner.

It will happen soon, very soon. In fact, sooner than soon.

Rub a Dub

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

MY niece and her husband were driving through the countryside a few months back and she commented on how dry the countryside was and how close Armageddon must be.

I shudder to think what she would be saying now since we live in a drought ridden country and experiencing hundreds of major bushfires at present .

We live in Australia.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

End of False Religion is near! Tract was distributed worldwide around 2005. About 15 Years ago!

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Every assembly the local Jws say "we've never had counsel like this before! It proves armageddon is about to happen!"

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I grew up with a father who fell hook, line, and sinker for conspiracy theories.

Remember the whole George H. Bush "New World Order"? My dad got himself in hot water with the body of elders over telling everyone (and I mean everyone) that a one-world government was coming and the internment camps were already built.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Sorry to be a party pooper but there is no such thing as Babylon the Great or Armageddon or False Religion, they're a few of the many fantasies taught by JWs to frighten people into their kingdom halls.

The only people who are joining JWs are those too young or too stupid to realise that the same alarm trick has been pulled for 140 years by the Watchtower. Talk about the boy who cried "Wolf". If only they knew!

Who could possibly trust the JW organisation whose promises never come true? Only the naive fools who join it.

Never believe what Jehovah's Witnesses teach... it will save you an awful lot of heartache.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been actively producing fear mongering propaganda since the late 1800's

Why ?

Maybe its because its a religoius Publishing house ?

• mrquik
    mrquik

I said it before. A sure sign the end is near is the Buffalo Bills winning the superbowl. They are now in the playoffs...

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Do you remember Assisi?

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit