• shera
    shera

(((((Rosemarie)))))

Hope things get better for you ASAP!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi

Firstly ((((HUGS))))

You sound like a strong person - even though you've got all that stuff to deal with you are still managing and still keeping going. I'm really proud of you for being so determined re: benzodiazepine and I want to say "keep it up!!!" I know someone coming off Tranquillizers and it *is* SO difficult.

All I can advise it that you talk to people who may have gone through similar things so I guess that francois links will take you to some good web forums. Of course, you can talk to us here too!

I will say a prayer for you, just remember that people DO care!

love and blessings

Sirona

• berylblue
    berylblue

Thanks SO much, everyone!

I still feel very bad as I prepare to go to work...but I'll get over it.

Rosemarie

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

My father's famous words to me, emblazoned in my psychie most of my life:

"How can you be so stupid?"

(Feeling that perhaps the "light" had gone off in my brain, and daring never to actually answer that question to him directly= I always thought to myself, "I don't know. I probably inherited it from you".)

I now know that these were just the words he heard and learned from his own father. A reactionary statement, more than a real observation of my capabilities.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Berylblue, I'm so sorry that someone said that to you. That's unforgivably mean. And you ought to tell that person that the next time you see them. The school counselor told Jennie that last year when she was having bully troubles. She suggested Jennie say "That's a really mean thing to say and I'm not going to listen to you." She said that gives Jennie power because she is standing up for herself and refusing to accept negative statements.

I know it's hard for you right now, but I think you're doing a marvelous job of coping. Your posts are well-written and thoughtful and indicate someone who is very bright, thank you.

Lots of love,

Nina

• pandora
    pandora

I have found a really simple way of shutting people up when they are rude. It is not very hard to do, but for some reason feels like it is. I don't know why I don't do it more myself. Everytime I have ever done it, it has netted me an appology.

To answer the quoted question above, you say: "Excuse me,but THAT was rude!" That simple sentence gets people back pedeling. For some reason, people hate to be told that they are rude. When they are told so, they immediately appologize or say that it wasn't meant like that, or whatever they can think of that quick.

It's hard to bring yourself to say something like that to anyone. I know. I have problems with it myself. But EVERYTIME I do, it works. I keep telling myself that if they can be that rude, I can sure as hell call 'em on it.

But I still have to work on it myself.

Just thought you would like to have a reply for the next rude person.

Don't let them get to you too much.

-P(J)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

((((((Hope that today finds you feeling so much better my friend.))))))

• Dansk
    Dansk
    your co-worker is a toffee-headed, vacuous, malodorous moron

Rosemarie,

I didn't know you were working with a JW!

We're all rooting for you here. It takes intelligence and guts to see Watchtower for what it is - that's an extremely high IQ in my book!!

Love,

Dansk

• Shakita
    Shakita

Rosemarie,

Your co-worker is a loser. I'm glad that didn't happen to me. I probably would have said: "I may not be bright, but at least I'm not an asshole." That would have made his day. Anyone that feels the need to put someone else down does so because they are feeling inferior and suffer a lack of self esteem. They only boost themselves up by putting down someone else.

Don't believe a single word of this moron. You are a bright, intelligent, insightful person. You are also kind, caring and compassionate. Don't let someone else rob you of your dignity. Take it one day at a time and your drug haze will eventually lessen until you feel refreshed again. The sun does come out again. Keep your chin up Rosemarie, we're rooting for you.

Mr. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit