"You're not that bright, are you?"

by berylblue 28 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

That's what a co-worker said to me today. Now, I admit that I'm in a benzodiazapine withdrawal induced daze all of the time (did more research on this and it's quite possibly going to last another half a year or more...one person, who stopped Klonopin 18 months ago described it as "always feeling as though I am just coming off an acid trip", which I don't know about but I can imagine), but I thought this was kind of mean.

I miss my daughters; they are never going to speak to me again, I feel so isolated here, I'm ashamed of the entire benzo withdrawal thing, ashamed that I can't hold a real job, just really, really down.

Al Stewart, as always, said it much better than I ever could:

"Well sometimes it seems impossible that the game could get that rough

But the stage is set, the exits barred and the makeup won't come off

So you make your bow to the balcony, you light another cigarette

And the lights grow dim as the music starts and it's easy to forget".

I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself. And (obviously) very fatalistic.

Rosemarie

• JH
    JH
    I feel so isolated here, I'm ashamed of the entire benzo withdrawal thing, ashamed that I can't hold a real job, just really, really down.

I'm sorry you have problems like that. Talking about it might help...

• shamus
    shamus

No, I'm not. thank you for asking!

• berylblue
    berylblue

Apparently I'm NOT, since I post that originally without a message. lol. Sorry

• hippikon
  • berylblue
    berylblue

I WISH I were that clever...lol

Rosemarie

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Nothing in this world is for keeps. Happiness is like something that has been spilt from a pot which too soon hits the ground. You look around, and there's no way to go but down, pretending that things are OK on the way. I often felt that people who aren't suicidal, are crazy. Know what I mean? Wish I had something cheery to share tonite but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Just know your not alone. It's good that misery loves company cause when you look it seems that's what the whole fabrics made of. JamesT

• DJ
    DJ

Hang tough Rosemarie, things will get better. People can be very mean. It stems from just plain ignorance about another person's life and a need to feel superior...so let them feel big, who cares.I don't know about your daughter's, what's wrong with them...jws? Love, dj

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

aww hun *sends a hug*

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

awww, Rosemary ((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry. I feel like dirt tonight myself, apparently we aren't alone. But don't listen to them. There's a grand old Crowded house song, with the lyric "Don't let them win." Don't let anyone, anyone make you feel stupid. I would have loved to have said to that person at work "Well, we can't all be Stephen Hawking, can we? I mean, you understand that feeling too, I'm sure."

Don't let them win. You're not alone, and though we can only give cyber hugs, well if i hug my monitor will that make them seem more real?

(((((((((((((((((Rosemary))))))))))))))))))))))))

hugs and more hugs,

essie

of the hugged and hugging class tonight

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit