Inside the new style Kingdom Halls - photos

by darkspilver 63 Replies latest members private

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It looks like a company training dept. Something you'd expect to see in Microsoft or Virgin.

Personally, i think my old congregation would wet their pant to get a hall like this.

The JW.org sign did hit me with a sense of "WTF?". It's slowly becoming their "cross" isnt it? My uncle even wears a JW.org badge everywhere he goes.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Cheap sign and God aweful cheap chairs. How can you sit on that for 2 hours.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Ugly.

These are obviously built for resale, and the design is made so just about any business could be interested in buying. Could be an office, or an auto garage. Anything except a church, because any reasonable congregation wouldn't make their people sit in those seats.

• nugget
    nugget

Very utilitarian. I imagine that they are easier to clean and they have saved money by having a tiled floor. However they look temporary and shabby and not family friendly because even if a tiled floor is hoovered it still will have a layer of dirt if not mopped so small children would quickly get grubby if they are placed on the floor. If the weather is wet tiles are a slipping hazard with all the water being brought in.

I didn't think they could get any cheaper or spartan but credit to them they have managed to turn a place of worship into a shed with chairs. I believe that places of worship reflect the faith of those that made them. Churches, mosques, temples and synagogues provide a special space where the environment helps the worshiper connect with their God. This kingdom hall says why waste money we have built something to sell on. It has nothing spiritual or motivational about it.

• tiki
    tiki

Ugly...utilitarian...youd never know it was a place of worship....has a very commercial feel. I am not impressed. No warmth...nothing inviting. Sterile.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

By having the vaulted ceiling in the main hall they have just made the cleaning loads harder if they want to keep the dust off the top of the HVAC and light fittings.

It's interesting that before the jw.org rebrand halls had very little in the way of corporate identity other than the "KH" sign and the meeting times. Now they have the logo everywhere.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have been to the old Corby K H , several years ago. It seemed perfectly good at that time . I wonder what happened to make them tear it down and rebuild? Have they had a massive increase? Did it develop structural problems?

Anyway, this one is cold and ugly on the inside. The fittings look cheap,functional , austere. It does not give an impression of warmth. Sitting there would be like waiting at a modern dentist or doctors.......

In the US they will have to make uni-sex restrooms, so watch out ladies...

Actually they often do have joint shared toilets in the current QB designs . There is one in the local KH . They allow anyone to use the disabled loo as well

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Drive through McDonalds's. Happy meal anyone?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

With Jehovah`s Blessing..

This Kingdom Hall Looks Like..

THE INSIDE OF A BARN!..

Image result for corby kingdom hall project..Image result for agriculture fair

Crap!.....It Does Look Like..

THE INSIDE OF A BARN............................A Barn?.....A FRIGGIN BARN??!!..

Image result for Watchtower stephen lett..Image result for Angry god

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

It's hardly pillars of the earth stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit