''Faith in Action'' video....Jesus Disciples depicted with ''field service bags'' and preaching with ''Scrolls''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    ask JW'S a question their answer is to go to Jwilly.org

Jehovah’s Willy?!!😳😂

I guess you meant JWsilly.org?!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Do not carry a money bag, a food pouch, or sandals" . says the Gospel of Luke.

Oh dear, those Christians in the JW Org pic. would have been in the backroom in front of a J.C. for "Brazenly" going against the instructions of Jesus ! Ha Ha !

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I highly doubt christians went door to door until the very late second century. More likely third.Adnt hey had all sort of beliefs. Some were Gnostics, Some we would roughly call Caothlics, Some were Messianic Jews. Some were like JWs. Arian. Did they carry scrolls. No. How cumbersome and dumb. If they carried anythign it would have been a codex of selected books. But not door to door. In church.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re:

I still, to this day, am gobsmacked that this thing was actually greenlit.

• Realbavman
    Realbavman

"And he called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits. He charged them to take nothing for their journey except a staff--no bread, NO BAG, no money in their belts." - Mark 6:7-8 (ESV)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It looks a bit like this picture from the Study Bible, except without the tracts.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/study-bible/books/#media

Does anyone know where the picture from the video appeared in print?

(Oh, you need to navigate to Acts 20 to see the picture)

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"The illustrations shown in the in the Media Gallery are based on extensive research. However, they are artists’ renditions and, at times, depict only one of several possibilities."

Yep, nothing says "you can trust us" like admitting to not really KNOWING what your subject is.

BTW, the other depiction for Acts 20 on the website; is that Tight Pants Tony?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit