''Faith in Action'' video....Jesus Disciples depicted with ''field service bags'' and preaching with ''Scrolls''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• justme
    justme

Slimboyfat: You can find it online on their website in Lessons you can learn from the bible [lesson 78] Titled "Jesus preaches the kingdom message"

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

Nephilims attacking first carts... first WT publishers...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The funny bit about the illustration of them going D to D with Scrolls is that very little, in fact only just possibly part of the Gospel of Mark was written before the Temple Destruction in 70 C.E, so they would only have had scrolls of the Hebrew Bible, calling on ordinary folk who were illiterate, so why carry them ? and what relevance did they have to the Good News about Jesus and the Kingdom ? They had no written Gospels about what Jesus supposedly said and did. Unless they carried copies of the Letters of Paul, but the genuine ones were actual letters to actual Congregations, not something that would convince the Public at the time, " Oh, our mate says in this Letter.......". About as powerful as " Bloke down the Pub said...". And Paul does not say much about Jesus actual life or words and teaching does he ?

After 70 C.E what were they going to say as they went D to D ? Oh sorry, all our expectations of Christ's return seem to be dashed ?

It is all so farcical, and anachronistic. Any Preachers about Jesus would have had rivals too, a number of groups started after his death, with very different ideas and teachings about him. Paul's movement was just one of them.

• Listener
    Listener

Scrolls were expensive so unless they had a Watchtower Bible & Scroll Society using free labour back then it would have been beyond most people's means.

• minimus
    minimus

What an excellent thread!👍👍👍

• Steel
    Steel

Does any else notice how they just kind of talk around the bible, when they are talking about the importance of the preaching work ? I guess faith without some kind works is kind of a dead faith but handling out literature without a basic understanding of the gospel message ??? ..................I don't get it.

Every JW I have ever encountered and tries to give me a magazine , I also ask them to give a brief summary of the book of Romans. Never I ever made one who could explain that to me.

• Ding
    Ding

What do they think was on those scrolls?

Splane's chart about overlapping generations?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

LUKE10:1-7

After these things the Lord designated 70 others and sent them out by twos+ ahead of him into every city and place where he himself was to go.+
    2 Then he said to them: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.+ 3 Go! Look! I am sending you out as lambs in among wolves.+ 4 Do not carry a money bag or a food pouch or sandals,+ and do not greet anyone along the road.+ 5 Wherever you enter into a house, say first: ‘May this house have peace.’+ 6 And if a friend of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him. But if there is not, it will return to you. 7 So stay in that house,+ eating and drinking the things they provide,+ for the worker is worthy of his wages.+ Do not keep transferring from house to house.

The customs of that time meant that they would likely stay in the home of hospitable people . They were instructed to bring a blessing of peace to each house, if the home would receive it. They were to trust that God would provide for them through the generosity of others, and they were to thankfully receive what was offered to them – without begging from house to house.

Here is your typical twisting of scriptures taken from the from the January 1/1 1967 Watchtower Magazine study article pp 5-12, ''They Followed Him"

24 In two years’ time after Jesus began preaching, many more Jews had enough knowledge to go from house to house and preach. Luke tells us: “The Lord designated seventy others and sent them forth by twos in advance of him into every city and place to which he himself was going to come. Then he began to say to them: ‘The harvest, indeed, is great, but the workers are few. Therefore beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest. Go forth. Look! I am sending you forth as lambs in among wolves.’” (Luke 10:1-3) His apostles and these seventy disciples, totaling eighty-two teachers, knew that for them to go out into the world and preach as they were now instructed to do would bring upon them many problems, persecution and trials, but they had faith in Jehovah and his Son, Christ Jesus, to take this forward step. These ministers sent to preach still had the time and opportunity of learning more from Jesus.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Scrolls were expensive so unless they had a Watchtower Bible & Scroll Society using free labour back then it would have been beyond most people's means.

Lol 😂Also pre 70 CE (and this is an assumption) I would guess the Hebrew scrolls would have been considered somewhat precious, if not Holy if they contained the tetragrammaton, so not something to be dragged around the streets in a dusty cart or bag. Rather kept in the temple etc.

As someone stated previously very few could read, including the apostles, who were fisherman etc!!

• Overrated
    Overrated

I ask JW'S a question their answer is to go to Jwilly.org. They can't even seem to explain the basic stuff. "Only uneducated dumbasses need to apply " to be Jw. When I was one we had to learn the truth. But then came questions that no one wanted to answer and things that didn't make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit