New Here ... Just woke up

by Sevan 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Sevan
    Sevan

Thank you flipper for your warm welcome and support!

I will definitely check out those books and that website.

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome Sevan

Jan

• kairos
    kairos

One of the hardest parts of waking up before family and friends, is the frustration of not wanting to be heard. Not being taken serious, as if we are now no longer trustworthy or valuable in their eyes if they cannot or want to defend their faith.

They shut you down out of fear.
    We frighten them.

---

Doubtful you'll ever regret your decision to exit the JWs.
    That being said, carefully plan what words you will use when confronted by well meaning JWs that have a poor concept of personal boundaries and will pry into your life.

A few 'wrong words' can change everything in an instant.
    Be prepared.

---

I also extend the welcome to you.
    I hope you find healing. as we all do.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sevan - "...many articles and talks have greatly disturbed me over the years..."

Welcome to genuine, authentic humanity.

• SAHS
    SAHS

TO: “Sevan”:

Welcome to the Board, Sevan!

The more you investigate online resources such as this, the more it will be plainly obvious that the pseudoJewish (certainly not Christian!) sect of Jehovah’s Witnesses is nothing more than something contrived by men as they have been making it up as they go along – since the late-1800s.

Once you realize the completely contrived and self-serving nature of the pseudoJewish Watchtower sect, which is so incongruous to the simple and loving gospel taught by our exemplar and teacher, Jesus Christ, then you can readily see the need to just step back from the proven insanity of self-serving cults like the Watchtower and embrace the simple teachings of Jesus himself.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    I am still trying to process everything, all the lies, the disillusionment, the suffering, the wasted time and financial sacrifices I've made for this religion, the lost friendships and opportunities, just everything. It is a whirlwind of emotion, but I know I'll get to a peaceful place eventually. - Sevan

You have only left WT weeks ago. This is to be expected. But we are her to support you if you need. Your last post was 9 days ago, I hope you have been reading still, but you could be busy working too.

You're right sometime this place can be heated and hostile. I believe that evolution is a guided process, and I believe in a Creator, I am just as guilty of being aggressive and heated as atheists. As my recent thread shows. After a month of leaving I didn't know what to believe and I was still very fragile and vulnerable.

Sometimes just reading the threads can be better than discussing them. But also they might not be good to read just yet as you have just very recently woken up. They can be heated and some relevant points get lost.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome to the real life, Sevan

It was so evil, cruel and unloving.

That sums up the whole watchtower corporation.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Thanks corruptgirl. I appreciate the advice. I will work on slowly and subtlety getting my husband to see TTATT.

You might find this useful:

Guide to Helping Others Break Free

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The only thing I have learned that does not cause his wall of mind control to raise is to try to be loving( even if I don''t feel loving) and to discuss ( which is usually me talking and him with his minimal interjections. I only wish they were real back and forth, thought out discussions ) any subject that is not directly WT related but that has similarities. I plant seeds any chance I get. Politics has some good ones, as well as other religions. It comes up as a current event or "I read, heard" type thing. He begins with agreeing with me, since it is obvious common sense to agree, then sometimes, eventually, I see the look of cognitive dissonance across his face ( hard to describe but it's like his mind just "left the room" so to speak.) I know then the conversation needs to end. So I change the subject or leave the room. That CD disturbs him, which is my main goal each time.

I sure wish I knew if it was really working. He is still not baptized six years after he promised to do so, and not been to a KH except for the memorial for three. One memorial he even missed. I don't see WT materials as much as I used to in his truck. ( Though he may be using the site on his phone for all I know, but my gut says he is not). I want to take that as the seeds have been taking root. But he will not discuss at all, so I am left in limbo..

Sevan this is one long, hard road. One I wouldn't wish on anyone, but one I have been thrown into, and you are thrown into even deeper. But others just as deep have come out of it. I will be thinking of you, hoping you can come out of this with minimal collateral damage. Damage depends on the actions of other people, all you can control are your own actions. If others choose damage, that is out of your control.

Keep your head held high, your integrity, your positive outlook, determination too life life fully, and give to your children the best example of a strong, honest woman, and be the best example you can be. Resist the temptation to lower yourself to the level of those who want to control you. It's HARD sometimes, but worth it to be above them at all time.The children learn from that.

(((HUGS)))

• flipper
    flipper

SEVAN- Just remember we're all here as a support to you in this time of need for you. Feel free to post as there are lots of cool and caring people on this board. Hang in there, we have your back

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit