New Here ... Just woke up

by Sevan 60 Replies latest jw friends

• skin
    skin

Sounds like you have done more in 1 month about breaking free from this trap than I have been able to in the last 11 years of knowing ttatt.

It really hurts when we hear witnesses believe the stories from WT ahead of the truth from the Bible.

• pearlsister
    pearlsister

Welcome! Start enjoying life from now on.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome to the forum. As a man raised in this religion, I am simply amazed and inspired by the many women who post here and have broken free of the 'paternalist' control of the Watchtower Society! Your bravery in thinking for yourself is beyond measure.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

At this rate, XJWs are gonna outnumber the R&F before too long (if we don't already).

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Welcome to the sweet air of freedom!

I hope that your husband joins you in the future. My husband and I were "in" for over thirty years, and he was an elder for ten, but we are out together, along with our daughter, now grown.

You are right that the disfellowshipping is not like Christ. You will read many heartbreaking accounts on this forum of people whose parents or children have shunned them for years and years.

Please know that the WT Society is like the Hotel California-you can check out any time you like but you can never leave. They will not leave your husband alone but will constantly hound him as to why you are not at meetings, etc. Family members may decide to distance themselves from you anyway.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Hello and welcome to the forum. You wrote a very nice introduction, it's wonderful to read about your spiritual journey, good for you for finding your way to the real truth. It's not always easy to see through the lies and to follow your conscience, so good for you. I agree that disfellowshipping is cruel and not justified by the scriptures.

Lisa 🌹

• lrkr
    lrkr

Welcome. You'll find that waking up is a continuing process. After 8 years I still discover residual beliefs, habits, and world views in myself that are clearly cult originated.

Enjoy your new found intellectual freedom. Stay curious.

• notalone
    notalone

Congratulations, my family woke up last fall. we have managed to all come out together including my 'anointed ' mother. We have not turned in time 7 months as of July. So I am going to be very honest about things. First,, talk to no one..Have all communication be through emails or text ( wriitten proof of everything and it gives you time to be very vague in your responses). Say you are having trouble keeping everything in order and that this will allow you to take time and answer clearly. If you see someone in the store say your doing fine but really have to go. Send an email to all elders in your congregation stating that you want all future conversations through email or written letters. If they do not follow this ( they won't so be careful to not get baited into verbal conversations) have a lawyer send a 'cease and desist letter'. We just sent our letter last month. A friend told us that bethel told them not to contact us any further.Assume everyone will be quick to turn on you. Assure any concerned persons you are okay and that you will let them know if you need help. There won't be as many as you might expect. Next, you are going to go through the grieving process. Disbelief, anger, bargaining and finally acceptance. Try new things, explore life and love. See all the abundance around you. One day you will wake up really happy and you will know you are truly free.

ps if you still want to believe the bible check out beroean pickets at http://meletivivlon.com/

This has helped my family reason and undo all kinds of things that they put into our minds.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Welcome to this healing and inspiring forum Sevan and nice to meet you too.

I haven't been out in service or to a meeting in over a month.

• scary21
    scary21

Welcome, so glad you found this place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit