New Here ... Just woke up

by Sevan 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Saename
    Saename

Welcome to the site.

Your story was very interesting to read. Thank you for sharing it with us.

As many have already mentioned, your JW family will try to convince you to return. Remember that, and always try to understand their side. It will be much easier that way. As far as they are concerned, they have the indisputable truth, which you have left. Also, remember that their indisputable truth is utterly dependent on what the Governing Body says. Don't even try to reason with them from the Scriptures as they will always, whenever proven wrong, rely on the interpretation given to them by the Governing Body. (It's just my friendly advice in regards to wasting time.)

I do hope, however, that your family will respect your decision. Good luck.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank you for sharing Sevan and welcome to the forum.

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

Welcome, Sevan! Thank you for sharing your story. You seem very thoughtful about things that others just accepted because the GB told them to. Take things one day at a time. I hope your fade goes well.

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you for a great OP and welcome to the forum Sevn.

• Half banana
    Half banana

You're welcome here Sevan! Glad you have been able to wake up to TTATT. (The Truth About The Truth) Hope you can talk with your husband sensibly about this, he seems already to be considerate of your need to fade rather than be disfellowshipped. Do keep us informed.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome Sevan,

Thank you for your story. It's nice to see your husband is supporting you and doesn't mind if you leave.

Kate xx

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome to "the real life"! Yes, a life with knowledge of TTATT is a wonderful thing.

We look forward to your company here in this wonderful community!

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Hi Sevan

A very touching intro. Welcome.

You are mentally free now, to live according to your conscience. You are very courageous and honest, also that your husband knows about it. I hope he has some doubts himself.

It's very brave and good that you are so determined, to never set a foot into a KH.

I wish you all the best.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome Sevan,

Always happy to see another woman wake up. Going by gender, women are far more mistreated than men.. They work harder and get the least recognition, if any.

Great post. Thank you. I hope your journey to fade is successful and the process of waking up your husband is a swift as yours. One can only hope.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Warm welcome Sevan. I found your comments so refreshing. Sincerely wish you well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit