Forget 1914, the 1975 generation are now passing away!

by nowwhat? 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

To me the 1975 fiasco illustrates dichotomy between the standards prominent Witnesses are held and those to which the rank and file are held. If an elder or anyone for that matter had made the 1975 predictions, they'd have been counselled or disfellowshipped. Franz was given a pass because he was St. Fredrick.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

I will be 69 this year. In the past 3 years I have faced Discitis (almost killed me), a Prostate cancer scare and just a few weeks ago I was found to have a rare and dangerous abdominal aneurysm. And to think, I was told (like many here) that I'd never graduate High School in this system! To the Governing Body members that are younger than me (Fleegle, Winder, Sanderson and Cook) I say, GO FUCK YOURSELVES and your 'exercise patience' mantra! Your time will come just like every other human...no one gets out alive.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nobody escapes death eventually, most of us don't escape Taxes either, the G.B and their business do !

The 1975 generation is now on borrowed time, lets hope the G.B are too !

Not just for death, but Taxes too !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    An elder once told me the WT Society had never said anything about 1975.

I think that's why I continue to hang on to a couple of boxes of old JW literature that are in the way in my garage. They mean nothing to me any longer. I do not need them for reference. But if some dumb ass JW made that statement to me I can drag out the damn publication where they said all that BS.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

3 hours ago
    Beth Sarim
    That's because the closer you get to "truth" and debunking someones beliefs,, the more angrier,, hostile and aggressive they become.

That makes so much sense.

I totally agree with that - thanks.👍

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Bang on.

A few months ago I was verbally and hostily yelled at on here for hitting quite close to home with this subject.

In relation to violence at the KHs due to the Borgs harmful policies.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

In case someone has not seen this... Mouritz is now 96 years old, btw...

It is quite something that the youngest GB members were BORN when this talk was given!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cgJzIJEe-M

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Thats because the closer you get to "truth" and debunking someones beliefs,, the more angrier,, hostile and aggressive they become.

Fingers in ears Free Stock Photos, Images, and Pictures of Fingers in ears
    YOU CANNOT MAKE THEM HEAR!

• Ding
    Ding

In 1976, I was amazed when an elder told me to stop focusing on 1975.

For years before that, 1975 was all he did focus on.

• Bribie
    Bribie

Viv Mouritz is now 97. Last time I saw him was in 2007 at a convention in Melbourne.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit