Forget 1914, the 1975 generation are now passing away!

by nowwhat? 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

We still have quite a few elderly here that came in as young families in the late 1960's-early 70's because soon, yes very soon they would enter the new system and never grow old. It's now one year away from 50 years since 1975. Just in the last couple years I've seen them come down with Alzheimer's, cancer, brain tumors, becoming invalid etc. the children of them that are now around 60 are just so distraught at seeing their parents deteriorate. And the organization has the gall to tell us we need to exercise patience!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NOW WHAT?

Exercise patience?! Yeah, they have their nerve.. I guess the religion doesn’t want to hear complaining or murmuring since they can’t deliver the ‘paradise’ they promised everybody - especially those who never planned for their senior years.

I ‘Faded’ years ago so I’m not affected by what goes on there.. And I’m thankful that whatever youth I had left wasn’t spent in some Kingdom Hall.. It must be terrible to be sitting there waiting on promises and growing old. To be honest, I don’t think I ever truly believed their talk about how people wouldn’t get old.

These now elderly JWs from the ‘75 era are probably the ones propping up the religion. Them and the rest of the younger baby boomers will be hanging on til the end.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

:) In 1969 all the adults told me I would never graduate High School or get married in "this old system"! lol :)

I graduated high school in 1973.

1975 came and went.

I got married...twice.

Married 24 years to 3rd gen.

Now I am old, tired, and re-tired.

I can't remember ANY Watchtower prophecy that has come true...can you? :)

• Beth Sarim
  • Bangalore
    Bangalore

So many false prophecies and yet there are gullible ones inside who do not question it all.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

...&.thats called stupid

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I can't remember ANY Watchtower prophecy that has come true...can you? "

There isn't ONE ! they have printed a few predictions they have culled from "worldly" sources, but their own have ALL failed !

I am of that generation spoken of in the Thread title, or the generation before perhaps, being born in the 1950's. Many of the J.W's I knew around my age are no longer with us.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I was born in the 1940's. I wasn't going to school in this old system ...... etc etc.

Well I did go to school, collected my commemorative cup and saucer at school after Princess Elizabeth was crowned Queen Elizabeth. I saw her funeral and the coronation of Charles. Nothing has happened in JW land of significance.

An elder once told me the WT Society had never said anything about 1975. I asked him when he was born, it was in the 1980's. I told him if he wasn't a JW of an age to understand in the 1960's he didn't know what he was talking about.

George

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Yes, I was thinking about this!

The group of 'young ones' I grew up with in the congregation are all approaching their 60's now.

My close friends parents who believed the end was imminent in 1975 are mostly all passed away or in their 80's..

If I point this out to my still in family they snarl at me and become frighteningly aggressive...

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ron W.

Thats because the closer you get to "truth" and debunking someones beliefs,, the more angrier,, hostile and aggressive they become.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit