The day after Armageddon

by Pronger1 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Re Bakers video Boy does WItness gratitude for Jehovah not murdering them horribly sound like Stockholm Syndrome the way he (rightly) described it.

Witness science = anti-matter to dispose of rotten corpses.

• HappyGal
    HappyGal

surely jehofah will save MacDonalds for us in the new world---wont he ?

Well the Israelites had manna 365 days a year for 40 years.

What's for breakfast? manna

What's for lunch? manna

What's for dinner? manna

Think I'll skip dinner.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I love oat meal, but three times a day that's a little too much. I wonder what manna taste like, maybe chicken.....

OK I found it, manna tasted like a pastry cooked with the finest oil. Numbers 11:7-8...

• A Ha
    A Ha
    schnell - But seriously, their card to play is a Deus Ex Machina where God makes everything better and answers all their questions and tells them how to do everything.
    Deus Ex Machina endings always suck.

This is pretty much it.

The day after Armageddon, humans will be perfect, so they'll instantly have knowledge of wilderness survival. Also, reading the Awake magazine for six months is equivalent to a college education, so most of the JWs will be the equivalent of PhDs (this ignores that most JWs don't actually read the magazines). And if reading the mags makes you college-smart, think of how smart the writers of the magazines are. They must be like walking supercomputers.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

As a person who loves apocalypse fiction I can think of many ways that a tiny minority of people can survive after a major die-off. It takes imagination but the solutions are there.

Assume that one out of a thousand persons survive and they start gathering together to live close together.

Telephone lines and power goes down since the people who supported the infrastructure are dead. Communication across town, state, country, etc is cut off.

Ham radios and walkie-talkies.

Oil refineries shut down, gas for travel starts becoming unavailable.

There would be thousands of gallons of fuel per survivor and the fuel at gas stations can become available when they are given electricity through means of generators. Any further transportation can be arranged by bicycles and any surviving horses. Keep in mind that people will be living close together in neighborhoods and have a lessened need for long distance transportation.

Crops dying in the fields, livestock used for milk and meat start their process of dying.

There is enough food in supermarkets to last every individual now living for 3 days. If one out of a thousand survive then there would be almost 9 year's worth of food as crops are planted. Of course Jehovah can arrange for a few farmers to survive and feed the rest.

Manufacturing of replacement parts for automobiles gone.

Go to Cuba and see how 1950s vintage cars are kept running without any factory made replacement parts. Besides, there would be over a hundred vehicles per survivor at a .1% survival rate.

Read Stephen King's book The Stand to get an idea of how a few thousand people can reclaim one city.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The brothers I know that were raised in the city will have a hell of time working the fields from sunrise to sunset and the sisters slaving over a wooden stove all day, good luck with that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

And lest we forget, under the WT-run planetary government, democracy would be virtually nonexistent, advances in science and medicine would grind to a halt, any alternative form of sexual expression would be outlawed, creationism would be mandated in schools, justice would be arbitrary, discipline for lawbreakers would be disfellowshipping (i.e. exile), and "apostates" would be summarily executed without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

Forever.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

LOL, you guys are such softies. Most JWs here in Eastern Europe would be fine. About 50% of our population lives in the rural environment. We grow most of our food. We have pigs, goats, chicken, crops in the fields, etc. Most people have their own plumbing system. Food and water would be no problem.

Heating and cooking is done with wood burning stoves because wood is practically a free and endless resource here. There would be plenty of cars and gas around, so that would be no problem. Even without those, there are bicycles and horse carts that people can use, like in the olden days.

One of the local JWs is an electrician. So there are some with some limited technical skills. Communications would be a problem. The local JW community would be isolated from the rest of the world. A lot of different JWs sects would form pretty quickly in my opinion. Being isolated from the GB, the local elders would act as religious and community leaders. By leaders I mean tyrants.

I wouldn't exclude violence against those that don't agree with elders. Disfellowshipping would be carried out by execution. No modern medicine around would mean a lot of deaths, especially among the sick and elderly. The biggest problem here would be an extremely low population density. There are a little over 20 JWs in the local congo, and most are old people. I think there might be only 4-5 individuals under the age of 40. Expect lots and lots of inbreeding.

Also, in a world run by JWs expect total patriarchy. Women would probably have as few rights as they do today in Arab countries. Little more than property. Marriages would be arranged by the male heads of families.

Practically, it would be like living in Saudi Arabia but without modern technology. Women are just a type of domestic animal you breed with. You fornicate, you're dead. You're gay, you're dead. You're an atheist, you're dead. You don't agree with some doctrines, you're dead. Your threaten the position of power of the local elders, you're dead. Conventions would be like tribal meetings. A very weird, bronze age world.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not to worry about the JWS after Armageddon because I talked to Jesus recently and he said he was going to knock off all corrupt religious charlatans like the JWS . says he couldn't stand people selling his Gospel for money and worse selling a commercialized tainted version.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

cookiemaster: You would need a boat load of brothers from Eastern Europe to find away to come across the Ocean to the USA in order to aid the brothers, if not they will starve. Most of the brothers live in the city and they have no idea how to survive on their own, milk a cow, Please.. They can clean the hell out of a house but when it comes to feeding their family, where is the nearest super market...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit