Chelmsford is green-lighted

by Saltheart Foamfollower 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good to know that Armageddon won't be for at least another four years. I guess it's a little early to start heading for the basement and bunkers.

• skin
    skin

Taken from last weeks Watchtower study, para 8:

"8 What should be the motive for doing the preaching work? It should not be to collect money and construct elaborate buildings..... Despite this clear direction, most churches are sidetracked by collecting money or by making efforts to survive financially. They have to support a paid clergy, as well as a multitude of other employees. In many cases, the leaders of Christendom have amassed great wealth.—Rev. 17:4, 5."

OK for WT to be doing this but not Christendom?.

• freddo
    freddo

So who will go in to work on this project? All the gold star metropolitan "carties" of course! More time away from the preaching work and local meetings by the jw elite, even less bums on seats at the kingdom halls outside the immediate area.

And I bet loads of the booted bethelites will be going back in on their own dollar or pound sterling to help out - gotta be better than pioneering surely!

Crazy crazy stuff.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The site is still horrendous, a team of about 20 have spent over a year getting rid of the asbestos contamination and are not even half way there. The site is still thick with other toxic materials which need removing and work has not even started on that.

There is a major infestation of Japanese knot weed. This dreadful pant is the fear of any developer or property owner. It can regenerate from the smallest piece left in the ground and spreads and destroys anything in its path.

Those working there are very excited about the road, roundabout contract, and the fact that the press building is being built. When asked why they are building a factory when there is to be no printing the answer doesn't come only a puzzled look.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It's a great way to hours in. I know a few people who go up to Chelmsford already on a part time basis (once a week or so). They are pioneers and are able to count every hour they spend, including travel time, towards their allowance.

They leave around 5 am and get back around 8 pm - 14-15 hours per week.

So that's the vast majority of their monthly target done doing NOTHING towards the preaching work but the figures still go into the pot and they still can walk around the KH and RC with chubbies on boasting about how much they do in "scared service".

• alanv
    alanv

We are also pleased to attach a newsletter showing what the new branch facilities will look
    like. This will be a quarterly feature to inform all of the project’s progress, and will include ways
    you can support the project.

In JW language I fear that means you can give money for the project. JWs are not supposed to realize the fortune the org will get for Mill Hill Bethel

• Gargamel
    Gargamel

Financially, it will be a good move for them. Property prices around Mill Hill dwarf those in the Chelmsford area. Even allowing for moving and building costs (mostly wage-free labour), there should be plenty left in the kitty at the end. Also, new buildings can be designed to make the running costs very low these days. If they go eco-friendly, they can have very low electricity bills. Indeed, lighting and perhaps even some of the heating can be funded from solar panels. If they use recycled, running water to power wheels, that can provide even more electricity. It may even be possible to sell some back to the grid - depending on what machinery they want there. Even toilet water can be treated and recycled for showers - it sounds yucky but it happens a fair bit these days; you don't read much about it as the hotels etc. that do it are scared of it putting off the customers. Add to that, new buildings cost less to maintain anyway.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Need to bookmark this thread to see if they meet the deadline...march 31st 2020..... less than 4 years....see how much Jehovah blesses the project.

• Gargamel
    Gargamel

From Konceptual99: So that's the vast majority of their monthly target done doing NOTHING towards the preaching work but the figures still go into the pot and they still can walk around the KH and RC with chubbies on boasting about how much they do in "scared service".

-----------------------------------

I'm not a spelling or grammar nazi, but I just had to highlight the typo "scared service" as it was so funny :) - rich in ambiguity.

• bohm
    bohm
    Even toilet water can be treated and recycled for showers - it sounds yucky but it happens a fair bit these days; you don't read much about it as the hotels etc. that do it are scared of it putting off the customers. Add to that, new buildings cost less to maintain anyway.

Thanks for ruining my day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit