Chelmsford is green-lighted

by Saltheart Foamfollower 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Looks like Chelmsford is going ahead after all. Here is the text of a letter to be read out this week:

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS IN BRITAIN AND IRELAND
    Re: Branch Relocation Project Update
    Dear Brothers:
    We rejoice to inform you that in June of this year, the Governing Body gave approval for the
    Britain branch to relocate to new facilities that will be constructed just south of Chelmsford. The
    completion date for this exciting project will be March 31, 2020.
    As mentioned during the April headquarters visit, the major contracts for the roundabout,
    access road and the earthworks are now underway. In just a few months, the first foundations for
    the residence buildings will be laid.
    Although we currently have around 100 full-time volunteers on site and many more
    assisting for shorter periods, we estimate the need for 500 volunteers every day at the peak of this
    four-year project. In reality, this will require many thousands in order to accomplish the work.
    Therefore the focus now is to encourage all with construction-related skills to make themselves
    available well in advance so that they can be invited to share as the need arises.
    In the near future, we shall send a video to all congregations to explain the timeline of the
    project, how to volunteer, and when key trades will be needed. Additionally, events will be
    scheduled at key locations around the country to explain more fully what the needs are and how you
    might share in the work.
    We are also pleased to attach a newsletter showing what the new branch facilities will look
    like. This will be a quarterly feature to inform all of the project’s progress, and will include ways
    you can support the project.
    We share the Governing Body’s confidence that the construction of this new branch facility
    will have Jehovah’s blessing during the construction phase, providing great encouragement to those
    who volunteer to assist as has been the case with the Warwick project. This blessing will no doubt
    continue beyond that, to the time when the Bethel family moves in and continues their support of all
    congregations under the supervision of the Britain branch, all to Jehovah’s praise.—Rev. 7:12.
    Please be assured of our warm Christian love and best wishes.
    Your brothers,
    Attachment
    PS to coordinators of the bodies of elders:
    Please arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation at the first midweek meeting after
    its receipt. Thereafter, the newsletter should be printed in colour and placed on the noticeboard.

SF

• sir82
    sir82

2020?!?!

But...but....but....I was told that Armageddon is "imminent"!

• bohm
    bohm

I think everyone knew it would go ahead at some point (as I understand it the money made from sales of existing buildings will fund it and leave something remaining), what's going to be interesting is if any changes will be made to the buildings plans.

• bohm
    bohm

BTW. Thanks for posting the mail (where are my manners?).

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you Salt.

They are going to make a fortune from the sale of Mill Hill.

• Listener
    Listener

This building, which does not even exist, already has Jehovah's blessing and praise, now and into the future. How would they even know this? No doubt, since the GB have given their approval, it equates to being the same as God's approval.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    bohm

If they follow historical patterns, they will hide and keep the majority of the money that they have and will squeeze as much as possible from the congregations.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

2020...? Bbbbbbbuuuutttt I thought jehober blessed things so the unacheivable can be achieved. 4 years is a hell of a timescale for this.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Whaaaaat......first Brexit, now this. I can't take anymore bad news, lol.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Great news , they will blow a bunch of money on this project and hopefully it will be just a hole their dumping money down for nothing. When it's done and they go to sell know one will want it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit