How confident are you about various so called facts?
And because, as Foucault said, "man is an invention of recent date", who may be "erased, like a face drawn in the sand at the edge of the sea."
There is no such thing as your truth.
Not according to your definition of truth. In my opinion truth is relative.
I don't believe in certainty...
1. The earth is a sphere rather than flat in shape.
2. Global warming is a real phenomenon of serious concern that is caused by human activities.
3. Life on Earth evolved its many forms through the process of natural selection.
4. The gospels are based on a real apocalyptic preacher called Jesus who lived in first century Palestine.
5. J F Rutherford was a drunk who cheated on his wife with various women.
6. Smoking causes lung cancer.
7. Men really walked on the moon.
8. Consciousness survives death.
9. Moses wrote the Pentateuch.
10. Dragons exists.
11. Homeopathy is effective beyond placebo.
12. O J Simpson was innocent.
13. Scotland will be an independent country within 20 years.
14. There will be a nuclear war sometime in the 21st century.
15. The New Testament originally contained the divine name.
16. At least one of the presidents of the Watchtower was homosexual.
17. The universe began in a Big Bang around 14 billion years ago.
18. China is the country with the most people.
In my opinion truth is relative.
Relative to what?!
I am getting tired explaining this. For all the reasons I have explained above it is clearly stupid to insist that the earth is definitely not flat. It's daft.
Let me try this one for you. There is this one philosophy that would fit a "flat earth." This philosophy says that our entire existence- the planet, the solar system, the galaxy, the universe as we know it- could all be essentially a holographic projection. We could all be two-dimensional beings in a two-dimensional universe.
The problem is that we live within it, so we need to base our understanding of the universe on our observations from within the two-dimensions. We see spherical objects with three dimensions. So even if such a strange philosophy were true, it wouldn't change "our view."
I don't even give such an idea a fraction of a percentage. If you do that, then you have to give other thoughts a fraction- we are all just a computer simulation or a dream. Only I exist and you all are part of a fake universe meant to distract me/entertain me. YADDA YADDA.
Oh, and thanks for insulting me and others. I would rather be "clearly stupid" than give up my 100%.
I'd like to add another fact to Slimboyfat's OP:
19. Decapitation always results in death to the victim.
I'm 100% certain of this fact. I've seen decapitation footage and they all end up dead. I've come across no evidence that someone has survived being decapitated.
Slimboyfat and everyone else, please respond.
The edit button won't allow me to edit my posts. Obviously, I meant decapitation of humans ...
nicolou whether something is true or not depends who is looking at it and from what perspective. From our modern perspective the earth is round. From the perspective of some ancients it was flat. From the perspective of prospective humans 500 years from now, who knows? Each has their reasons.
I've thought of 7 more questions I'd like to have added to my list to make it up to 25. There are categories of statements I should have included.
19. Jehovah's Witneses are the true religion. 1%
20. Donald Trump as president would be an existential threat to the planet. 100%
21. Men on average are smarter than women by traditional measures. 80%
22. This is a true story in the traditional sense of true. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5646617008930816/something-interesting 20%
23. Barring prior extinction, humans will conquer death caused by old age and illness at some stage of future development. 90%
24. All that we experience in life is part of some simulation directed from outside what we perceive as reality. 5%
25. Breaking Bad is the best series made for television ever. 100%
LoveUni some people get their heads cut off in the hope of living longer!
LoveUni some people get their heads cut off in the hope of living longer! - these people are having their heads cut off and preserved in the hope that technology will help them at some future date. They have not survived decapitation, neither are they alive - no metabolic processes would be occurring.
Please tell me how certain you are (using a %) that decapitation of humans always results in death to the victim. Ta.