Crisis of Conscience where to find?

by Jules Saturn 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freddo
    freddo

Gone Awol said: "Why the negative remarks about window cleaners? Is there a class system on this forum?"

It's because some people don't know any better. They don't realise that even a self employed window cleaner with no workers can turn over £50,000 a year if he plans it right and prunes his round into shape.

Mind you he would probably have to work 4 days a week to do that.

You're the guy who stuffed all his magazines and literature into an elders case aren't you? Then left it at the KH door with a note on it saying "I won't need this anymore!"

Pure class.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Eh? Banana man’s comments are offensive to ALL window cleaners scraping a living to feed their kids. Some of us have made it work well.

Since when do we judge others by what vehicle they make a living? It happens far too often on this site.

Is it nice to tell people that they have failed in life because of the orgs policies? No, its not.

I am not “un calm”. The question still stands.

• freddo
    freddo

Gone Awol - see my post above yours!

And I have a CoC hard copy which I can sell to fund my retirement too!

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Freddo, I still had keys to the hall, so I left my briefcase on the platform.

4days a week? Why, that would be materialism!!

😁

• freddo
    freddo

On the platform!!!! It just gets better and better!

Materialism indeed! Love it. It's the "power and prestige" from a career in the world < as per Sunday's WT > that I enjoy.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I clean houses and get tired of demeaning comments. I've done window washing as well. With that said, I didn't see any reason to take offense to the comment. He was just saying that you have to be super rich to buy a copy of the book and that window cleaners (many of whom are JWs) likely can't afford it. Nowhere did I see him demean anyone. In fact, you said above that many window cleaners are scraping to feed their kids. It's just a simple fact. Nobody seemed to be making fun of anyone to me. I certainly took no offense as one that's cleaned for most of my life.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Point taken Dub, I think its the general assumption that window washers hate the job, dont get paid very well, and get told to better themselves and go to uni all the time. Otherwise they will always be second class.

Its a job. Not a class system.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Not my intention. I do however have a very well thumbed COC that I can give to anyone who wants “the real thing”

I will even pay the postage if it genuinely will help someone. 👍

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh believe me, I get the looks from people, especially those that know me now. I had scholarships to prestigious engineering schools offered to me way back when and when people find out that I was discouraged from going to college they always try to get me to go. It gets old. I have money in the bank, no debt except a very modest mortgage, a waiting list of families that want us to work with them, get to spend every day with my wife, listen to podcasts and books all day, and basically visit friends every day in my work. A lot of people with degrees would kill for that.

With that said, my desire isn't to clean forever. I do worry about the physical toll at some point. It may just be a matter of finding a happy medium though, which is something I'm working on this year.

We've definitely had people look down on us. They're usually the same people that cancel service because they can no longer afford us. We can take the financial hit but they can't, which always strikes me.

• steve2
    steve2

There's a world of difference between owning a window-cleaning company and slaving away as a low-paid employee in one.

A couple of my family members work as window cleaners for pittance and, in my opinion, are capable of better paying jobs but won't change.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Well put Dub! Life is what you make of it. Not what people may think of you.

The offer is still open for COC book. Just pm me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit