'In Search of Christian Freedom'

by riblah 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LV101
    LV101

I enjoyed the book -- recall it was paperback or whatever was available at the time (moons ago) and was white/blue letting and quite thick. I pitched JW items out and it may have been included accidentally. Isn't it available online somewhere?

• Biahi
    Biahi

I have it, but I’m not ready to part with it. I have a large collection of exJW “apostate” books. Before the internet, I ordered all these books. My collection is probably worth a fair amount. I’ve got David Reed books, The Orwellian World of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and more. Also many JW publications, including the Revelation book, before and after the changes. One day, I guess I’ll sell the whole lot. But not yet.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Biahi

Hang on to them, and when you do sell take them to a rare book seller and find out what they're worth. I looked last night, copies of "In Search of Christian Freedom" are going for $200-300.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Hang on to them, and when you do sell take them to a rare book seller and find out what they're worth. I looked last night, copies of "In Search of Christian Freedom" are going for $200-300.

I have a soft cover copy that I would sell for the right price. It is in great condition. What book seller would you recommend?

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

There is one copy on Amazon listed for $34.96 with $3.99 S&H.

LRG

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah, I haven't posted in a bit,,,but anyway.

I have In Search Of Christian Freedom also.

This was the clincher, the real 'eye-opener' after reading Crisis of Conscience. Not to mention several books by David A Reed, James Penton, Carl Olaf Jonson, Don Cameron and Bonnie Zieman.

Deborah Dykstra, who now owns the copyrights to Ray Franz books, ISOCF and COC, did say she would release ISOCF once again. This was during the 2018 edition of COC when it was released in March 2018.

That was 4 years ago now. Whether or not ISOCF is released again, remains to be seen.. But she did take the rights to Ray Franz 2 books. God Bless Her!!!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Has anyone tried contacting Debra via the publisher of Crises? I believe she takes Rays legacy very seriously, though I've never met her myself.

Newly Enlightened I understood she wasn't well, so ....😔??

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I just would like to add that if you happen to have Reasoning From the Scriptures1985, Live Forever on Earth1982, Revelation Climax1988 or the Proclaimers1993 book, hang on to them with every effort.

They are worth their weight in gold......soon.

When I obtained my Proclaimers book sometime in early 1994, I got one of the first releases. To this date, the spine of the book is still firm, in immaculate condition.

As King of Faders once said, if you want his 'Proclaimers' book, you will have to pry it from his 'cold, dead' hands.

Same here, LOL.

Please regard such books as 'gold'. No wonder the Borg wants those books back, likely to destroy.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Hey Beth Sarim, for what reasons or reasons should we hold onto the "Reasoning From the Scriptures1985, Live Forever on Earth1982, Revelation Climax1988"? Is it so we can point things out to JWs? I don't know of any JWs who are interested in seeing doctrinal changes (including flip flops), including my mother and sister. Other than my mother and sister I rarely come into social contact with any JW (except sometimes my place of work has one or two JWs).

I notice you say "They are worth their weight in gold......soon." Do think they will have high resale values? What about the Truth book? I used to have the one copyright 1968 (I had obtained it before I got baptized as a teenager) but the cover had become very worn, so I sold it after I bought a like-new condition (the edition revised in 1981) one at a thrift store. Likewise I sold the Paradise Lost book which I had studied when I was a very young child after I had obtained a like-new condition one.

The only Reasoning book I currently have the first printing of the copyright 1989 edition (I used that edition when I was a regular pioneer). But, I do have the 1982 Forever book and the 1988 Revelation book.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If someone is only interested in the contents, I think many (if not all) of those books are available online in PDF format. Some are even full page-by-page scans of the original, instead of just the text.

Edit to add: I am not referring to the books by Raymond Franz, which are protected by copyright. I would note that Crisis of Conscience is available on Amazon Kindle for $8. But In Search of Christian Freedom is not, sadly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit