'In Search of Christian Freedom'

by riblah 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• riblah
    riblah

I cross-posted this on Reddit:

I would love to have a hard copy of this book. Does anyone know about how to go about persuading the person who has the rights to print a batch?

Maybe at the time it went out of print there wasn't much of a market for it, but I'm sure there is now. I just Googled how many copies an average print run is and I read it was 3,000-5,000.

Would it help if people pre-ordered/paid?

I don't know anything about the industry.

• JeffT
    JeffT

From the publishers view, there probably isn't much market for it. I know from experience that selling something (in my case a novel) about cults isn't easy. However, what might be commercially viable would be to have the copyright holder put up on something like Amazon's Kindle or Barnes and Noble's nook. The only thing needed would be a digital copy of the book to submit to the publisher. The book could sell as low as $3 or $4 a copy.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

There's no excuse for niche material to not publish on demand nowadays. It's just silly and outdated to do otherwise.

• riblah
    riblah

I ran across an older thread about this subject on Reddit (it was started by Lloyd Evans, lol!).

It sounds like Deborah Dykstra is not interested in publishing it, for some reason.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Greatest book I ever had...changed my life.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    ran across an older thread about this subject on Reddit (it was started by Lloyd Evans, lol!).
    It sounds like Deborah Dykstra is not interested in publishing it, for some reason.

I wouldn't listen to ANYTHING Lloyd Evans has to say on the subject.

Despite going through a major bereavement and long illness with her husband, despite her own illness Debra did a marvelous job of fulfilling RAYS wishes in updating crises of conscience with the correct addendum etc and ensuring it was correctly edited etc

In other words doing FULL justice by the book and the author. It is neither quick nor easy to do a proper job of updating and publishing a book like that

Unlike Lloyd who merely did knock off copies, charging for them and adding his own website to the cover. For shame.

I think it really took it out of her so I don't know what's going to happen with "In search". I believe she's not young nor is she well?

• riblah
    riblah

I agree with you on that Diogenesister.

Other people on the thread were saying that many people had offered to assist her with getting it published, though; it wasn't just him.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

The copyright holder Deborah Dykstra was working on getting it re-leased but I don't know if she died or what. I've tried contacting her several times & haven't heard from her.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Have you looked for a used copy on Amazon or eBay?

• riblah
    riblah

Yes, thank you tenyearsafter; they were pretty expensive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit