Television shows that you could not watch.

by shamus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Stealing someone elses thread about music....

What were some of the television shows that you thought were just too horrible to think of watching, or were conseled on watching?

I got reamed out for watching THE SIMPSONS. I just laughed at the MS who freaked on me.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I was told Scooby Doo Where Are You? was off limits for a lot of Dub kids. If anyone had told me that, they'd have been in for a real arse-kicking!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie....all that bad stuff with wiggling noses and hips...

• shamus
    shamus

LOL!

What was up with the Smurfs? Anybody ever hear about that? I remember that old wise tale where Smurfs walked down the Kingdom Aisle, because the Demons got in them. When I heard that story, I laughed so hard at the person (they were being SERIOUS! ), and said that anybody who believed that is just plain nuts.

I mean, can you get any more stupid????

Sorry for posting so much - I hear your comments, then am reminded of the stupid things I have heard over the years.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Our hall was told not to watch Friends and Seinfeld because they both displayed people of loose behavior living together and having sex with each other. I was roomates with an MS for a little while (he was a freakin studdering spaz) but he would "council" me on watching R rated movies and then he would go watch a football game. I reasoned with him about the violence of a football game and the idolizing of its players is wrong and he said "it's a matter of conscience and I have deemed it ok for me to watch."

So I told him that I have deemed these R rated movies ok for ME to watch based on MY conscience and to mind his own damn business from now on.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I was not allowed to watch "The Facts of Life". As we all know, there was nothing wrong with that show. But the title alone made it not good to watch.

• Soledad
    Soledad

that whole Smurfs scare way back then was over the top. Not only could I not watch it, but I couldnt own any smurf dolls or any kind of smurf item, not even those silly little stickers that kids sometimes put on their notebooks. I remember when I was about 7 a smurfs tv special came on and I put a pillowcase over my head to keep from watching it. amazing the everlasting impression the WTS leaves on little kids.

• minimus
    minimus

My aunt did not allow her son to watch the 3 Stooges because it was too violent.

• shamus
  • ikhandi
    ikhandi

R rated movies were off limits to me, especially those that had lots of sex and violence. I dream of jennie and bewitched was never watched in my house, because my mom feared it would invite demons into our home. I also recalling her tearing my favorite t-shirts to shreds because they had pictures of unicorns on them, I was about 8 at the time and very teary eyed. Today I buy all unicorn figurines I can get my hands on. I still luv em.

Stand up for yourself even if your standing alone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit