Jehovah's New Light

by Vanderhoven7 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN7:

One wouldn’t be the 1995 changed teaching on Generation, would it?.. This preceded the pathetic joke teaching of ‘Overlapping Generation’ which came some years later. Although by this time I was already Out.

It was sheer self-control that stopped me from literally walking out the kingdom hall door when they were studying this article about Generation in 1995. I got hold of myself but knew my time in the Witness religion was over.

Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who thought this because MANY left the religion in the several years after this 1995 thing... And those JWs who were wise saw the wake-up call and made important changes in their lives - like getting a decent job before it was too late that would provide for their future.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sometimes when new light is revealed to the faithful it takes a few years for it to really sink in .

That was my experience when the 1975 fiasco occured ,I was well and truly in then but it took another few years before I actually left the religion .

Some of us are a little slow I`m afraid.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Don't feel bad, Smiddy. My mother was one of many whose faith was only made stronger by the failure of 1975. To this day, she pretends that she understood that they were not making any predictions of the end, and she waits breathlessly for Armageddon, which is surely almost upon us.

• Nephilim87
    Nephilim87

Carla

Where is their quote showing that they are only entitled to the truth ?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

I know what you mean about it sometimes taking a few years for things to ‘sink in’. When people thought about the 1995 Generation change they realized the implications and either were compelled to leave OR change their habits.

I came in a few years after the 1975 fiasco. Nobody mentioned this while I was studying or I might’ve had second thoughts about joining the Witnesses.

What the 1975 article taught was directly opposed to the practical working person I was. That’s why those idiots all hated me because I wouldn’t quit my job and take up the (expected) housecleaning/pioneering and doing favors for Users and affluent old ladies like some SUCKER... Well, the old ladies all passed away!.. Any single woman who never got married/had a career - conned into doing favors like a chump, minding everybody else’s business (instead of her own) has found herself needy in her senior years!.. I cringe when I think about this because this is what the religion tried to do to me. Thankfully, I resisted. Can you imagine? They certainly wouldn’t be supporting me.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

What happened to me was I was at a Con-vention and the speaker came out with total new light. It didn't make any sense at all. Everyone was clapping like a bunch of seals at this. I was confused. I could not take any more nonsense. The next day I didn't show up.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    "New Light" is a flimsy, futile comparison to someone lying to you with their fingers crossed behind their back.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Here's a piece of new light the WTBTS would prefer keeping low-key and unnoticeable to the JW rank and file...I like to bait JWs by asking them to recite word for word Ephesians 6:4. Almost always they proudly say:

"You fathers do not be irritating your children but go on bringing them up in the discipline and mental regulating of Jehovah!"

Since 2013/2014 when the Revised New World Translation (Silver Bullet) came out Eph 6:4 now reads:

"And fathers, do not be irritating your children, but go on bringing them up in the discipline and admonition of Jehovah!"

JWs no longer should mentally regulate or brain wash their children but rather now lovingly admonish them!

Most JWs have been...are still clueless to this New Light!🤣🤣🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit