Jehovah's New Light

by Vanderhoven7 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

"who is the F&D Slave?, Food at proper time"?

Jesus put these in questions, responsible to answer.

none of the wt teachings were appropriate for the time.

Now, the anointed generation that passes away after Armageddon, possibly in 2075, is current light, and

Millions now living will never die. (8) a million per GB member.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

People should definitively stop asking Jehovah's Witnesses questions they can't answer; at least that they can't answer scripturally. It might just wake them up to the fact that their religion is not biblical i.e., that every doctrine that is unique to Jehovah's Witness is extra-biblical.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    • Gerrit Lösch would face a disciplinary hearing if caught reading "Crisis of Conscience" and disfellowshipped for reading "In Search of Christian Freedom."

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Indomitable Fish She calls pretending she has questions. It’s a lie. She knows her answers. Her real purpose is to challenge JW and advocate her beliefs

I agree I find the conversations uncomfortable listening, because her presentation is too aggressive. The witness will just switch off because they will sense "apostate". She simply knows too much.

The truth should be able to withstand scrutiny

I agree Carla it should indeed and most Christians are happy and willing to discuss and debate their beliefs. However Witnesses are in a cult. It's like an addiction or an eating disorder - you have to be careful of what you say because you can drive them in harder.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

The anointed will all be gone before Armageddon.

• waton
    waton

5 minutes ago
    The anointed will all be gone before Armageddon.

The anointed generation will only go (pass away) after Armageddon.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Jehovah's Witnesses are supreme expert liars. This video is just one of many examples on the internet. Everyone seems to act the same when asked questions, they give the same canned answers. They act the exact same when they have had enough. It is downright creepy.

• carla
    carla

jw are trained to lie- The 2016 No 1 WT defines lying as follows:

WHAT IS IT? Saying something false to someone who is entitled to know the truth. Lying can include misrepresenting or distorting facts in order to mislead a person, omitting key information to deceive someone, and exaggerating the truth in order to give a false impression.

the above was from this thread- https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5719164060696576/jehovahs-witnesses-taught-lie-but-then-lie-about-lying

Ask a jw who is 'entitled' to the truth and they will likely say everyone. Then show them the quote out of their own literature and they wiggle and worm their way around it and finally change the subject. That has been my experience.

"...you have to be careful of what you say because you can drive them in harder."- well yeah, that's true.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sorry to appear Nit-picking Van, but your question at the start of the O.P. made me immediately say to myself "J.W new light does NOT come from Jehovah!" .

I know you are well aware of that, but certain things make me angry, as when someone who is obviously "awake" still calls it the "Truth".

Back on topic, right from when I was very young I found "New Light" hard to swallow, I remember asking my old man about why things had suddenly changed with the "Your Will be Done" Book I think it was, late 1950's ?, that had a new interpretation of Daniel. Dad's explanation was far from satisfactory to me I remember, and from then on I looked askance at what came out from H.Q.

Sadly for me in a way, when I left home I joined a Congregation where a good number were sceptical and we used to tear apart all sorts of things from "new light" to procedural stuff, but all remained as J.W's . One C.O told me that some of our former C.O's told him that they did not like the visit to us because we were "all such rebels". If I had not been in a milieu like that, where I felt comfortable, I would have woken up fully, and left much earlier than I did.

Since I have left they have had the laughable total nonsense of the Overlapping Generations, anyone who swallows that and its ilk has to be bereft of all critical thinking ability.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    joey jojo: The anointed will all be gone before Armageddon.

Are you sure? Their number seems to increase every year. I'm looking forward to the day when the number of participants at the memorial reaches 144,001.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit