I think I know what the GB is doing

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How about if there is no significance to this 2000 year old fable?

Ok, you say it’s a “real” prophecy. Why now? Why 2000 years later? Have not more climactic things occurred in “Christianity” in that 2000 year period? Why would it apply to a meaningless “speck” of a religious movement ie, Jehovah’s Witnesses? The group is totally insignificant on the world scene— a Legend (only) in their own mind. How can it matter if 99.99% of the world population doesn’t give a sh!t or doesn’t even notice?

• redsetter2
    redsetter2

The Governing Body are simply pawns to their helpers and other company men they work for, particularly the legal department. The GB are genuine believers, gullible at best. They're put in the limelight to assert that they are the real leaders of the Organization, when in fact the Legal Department along with David Splane, Mark Sanderson and Stephen Lett in particular are really pulling the strings behind the scenes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redsetter2 - “…Stephen Lett in particular are really pulling the strings…”

Wait…

…Stephen “that little baby is an enemy of God” Lett?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"More accurate to say look at that little 'enemy' of God."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The lawyers and accountants are telling the Govering Body members to lighten up on rules that cause people to leave, or else the lawyers and accountants will declare the GB to be the evil slave.

I am sure they didn't think it through, but they are saying they were led astray when Ray Franz happened. But it will all be declared as necessary to remove the weeds until the harvest time is so close that we now need to be kinder and show mercy, letting Jehovah decide which are now weeds.

• Scully
    Scully

OTWO:

The lawyers and accountants are telling the Govering Body members to lighten up on rules that cause people to leave, or else the lawyers and accountants will declare the GB to be the evil slave.
    I am sure they didn't think it through, but they are saying they were led astray when Ray Franz happened. But it will all be declared as necessary to remove the weeds until the harvest time is so close that we now need to be kinder and show mercy, letting Jehovah decide which are now weeds.

Excellent points! The accountants and lawyers are watching their retirement plans going up in smoke while the governments pull their funding based on causing harm to young members by 1) compelling children to get Baptized™ before they are mature enough to understand the gravity of that decision and 2) Disfellowshipping™ these young people for behaviour befitting young people who by virtue of hormonal disruptions and becoming aware of alternatives to the JW lifestyle, have their eyes opened to other options available. Also 3) JWs who wish to save the life of a child who needs a blood product to do so.

Then there are the CSA lawsuits piling up and draining away even more of the billion$ in reserve at WTBTS HQ.

That's why they are constantly crying out for CA$H INFUSIONS.

• LV101
    LV101

'billions in reserve' makes sense. From comments it sounds like they're having to open the piggy bank (or are they really digging in/running short which is hard to believe) for expenses, lawsuit settlements, etc. They've always poor mouthed to grab all the extra $$$ possible.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Who says they have “billions” in reserve?

• LV101
    LV101

I was quoting Scully's 2nd paragraph above. It would take a lot of money to run the organization but maybe members contribute enough to keep it afloat don't know.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

To misquote Harold Wilson, the Governing Body knows what’s going on. They’re going on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit