I think I know what the GB is doing

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Read:

But if ever that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’b 49 and he starts to beat his fellow slaves and to eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards

Hmm... Let's see is anyone on the governing body a strict master and a drunkard? Well from tight pants, matches, ministerial servant husbands and trips to the liquor store in Sunday to buy hundreds of dollars of whiskey are we going to even try to guess?

, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know,c 51 and he will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his place with the hypocrites. There is where his weeping and the gnashing of his teeth will be.d

Well if I plug Anthony Morris iii in to this then it's happened already.

Now I'm an Atheist but imagine the society reading these verses last year. All the changes: no hours, beards, pants and no ties, salvation by grace after the tribulation and dissfelliwshipped greeting and 3 month term. Coming up I predict birthdays.

All this got released after the so called evil slave was booted

• Biahi
    Biahi

One down, 9 more to go…

• Listener
    Listener
    Howthebiblewascreated ...All the changes: no hours, beards, pants and no ties, salvation by grace after the tribulation and dissfelliwshipped greeting and 3 month term...

More than one previous GB member put those laws into place before AMIII. If there was an evil slave, it couldn't be pinned on AMIII, it would have to be previous leaders.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I see that laying down the 'evil slave' card can be a practical thing for the Governing Body to use one day, as part of a purge. However, I also think that its a one time use ploy. As the Brotherhood would get suspicious quite quickly, if the Governing Body just kept using it to get rid of guys that embarrassed them.

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

In the parable, the servant is either a 'faithful and discreet slave' or an 'evil slave'.

But there can't be both! If the slave is being evil, then he has turned from being faithful and discreet.

See the July 2013 study edition.

But of course, a hypothetical 'evil slave' is probably thinking to himself 'What a faithful and wise servant I am!'

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I think I know what the GB is doing"

I bet they wish they knew what they're doing...

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

I agree with markweatherill. If the GB are the "evil slave", then that would have to be all of them collectively, as the slave (if it's a collective body at all), is spoken of as being either one or the other.

As said, if they are the evil slave then they won't accept it anyway until it's too late. It parallels Matthew 22 where the man who arrives for the wedding feast isn't wearing the right garments: he thinks he's entitled to be there, but is not properly dressed. He's not "put on" the "clothing" that he should have done - not displaying the right qualities (the Christlike personality that is spoken of as being like a garment), and so the man is showing disrespect to the Groom. So he's shocked to be thrown out by the Groom when He arrives.

As to whether the GB know what they are doing, I think that while some of the changes they are making are right - removing Pharasaical rules about beards, ties, dresses, reporting hours, etc, for example - they are still culpable because they have not changed more serious matters that they know are causing problems and that they are failing on, which are causing real distress in congregations, such as tackling genuinely wrong behaviour (there was a thread about "engineering divorces", for example, which we know goes on and the GB has done little about it), including the painful results of judicial injustices, wrongly disfellowshipping, shunning and the heavy-handed application of internal "rules" which are not supported by scripture, etc.

It's like Jesus accused the Pharisees of "straining out the gnat" but "gulping down the camel" - worrying over petty details, (like adminstrative and procedural stuff, what outfits can be worn, which form to fill in for which assignment, etc) but missing the "weightier things" like justice and mercy.

IMO, that's also why, despite the tinkering they are doing that they think might spare them the wrath of governments (eg: the Norway case), I don't believe they will be allowed to get away so lightly.,

I think it's interesting times in JW-land, and not necessarily for the reasons the GB expect. Watch this space!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’ve said this before, but if anybody’s a candidate for the “evil slave” label, it’s Ted Jaracz.

He’s long dead and can’t complain, nobody who knew him is nostalgic about the guy, the increasingly hardline stances of the 90s and 00s were pushed through while he was in charge, and his name is allegedly featured prominently in the pedo records that are supposedly on the cusp of being exposed…

…i.e. it’s his fucking legacy that’s arguably gotten the Org into the mess it’s in.

Pin the label on him.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

If anyone knows tell them.

As for evil, the composite slave is culpable from day one. All of them.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

The position I have put forth is that in 1984 the "obedience to the Organization mantra" was introduced. It was quickly followed by the introduction of a brand new enemy "the apostate", along with the brand new sanction "the shunning policy". For written evidence I put forth the Sept. 1 1987 Wt. article "A Time to Speak When?" deception of Lev.5: 1 as a well thought out deception fabricated for the purpose of creating a Gestapo informant hunting license designed to ferret out the "apostate"!

I would put forth that there was a meeting to create this conspiracy in about 1983. This conspiracy was reactionary to the demise of Matt.24: 34 in 1975. As fertile imaginative minds go there was no one on the GB who could fill the shoes of F. Franz, the man was genius in the writing of fiction. As "apostates", "shunning" obedience to the GB was non existent prior to 1984 and that this was a package deal I would put forth that it was in 1983 the decision was made of a "faithful slave" to conspire to take over the 'household of God' being as how the "master delayed" in 1975.

To complete the "snare and racket" scenario this was when the 'cash cow' of interest paying building loans came into being.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit