Watchtower intentionally misleading the court?

by Vanderhoven7 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’ve said this many a time, and no doubt a few have tried. That Id love to see that arse, or ass, lose his license to practice. Id dear say he must of received a lot of hate mail after that. Can anybody tell me if he’s a JW. I believe he is a secular lawyer.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I’ve said this many a time, and no doubt a few have tried. That Id love to see that arse, or ass, lose his license to practice. Id dear say he must of received a lot of hate mail after that. Can anybody tell me if he’s a JW. I believe he is a secular lawyer."

Who is he? Being a barrister, he's basically only following the lines he's been instructed to. I imagine he got a good night's sleep that night. It's no skin off his nose that his client's instructions were a pack of lies. 🙄

• Listener
    Listener

If this was true, it's very likely the ex JW that brought the case to court would have felt any need to.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"If this was true, it's very likely the ex JW that brought the case to court would have felt any need to."

Excellent point.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Additional Background. There is already so much about this court case in the net ofcyou look up David Gnam Examplary Quotes:

"In his opening statement, Jehovah’s Witness elder and lawyer, David Gnam (a managing partner of W. Glen How & Associates LLP), claimed that “normal family relations continue with the exception of spiritual fellowship…”

https://avoidjw.org/news/david-gnam-supreme-court-liar/

WHO is Mr. W. Glen How ?

Quote From Awake“The Battle Is Not Yours, but God’s”

AS TOLD BY W. GLEN HOW

During the past six decades, Jehovah’s Witnesses have fought many legal battles in Canada. Their victories have not gone unnoticed by the legal community. For the part that I played in some of these struggles, I was recently presented with the Award for Courageous Advocacy, by the American College of Trial Lawyers. At the award ceremony, it was stated that cases involving Jehovah’s Witnesses “formed important bulwarks against state excess . . ., for they created a judicially recognized implied bill of rights, one that recognized and protected the freedoms of all Canadians.” Let me share with you details of some of these court cases and tell you how I came to be involved in law and with Jehovah’s Witnesses."

Next Quote "As you may know, W. Glen How and Associates is the Legal Department at the Watchtower Society Headquarters, in Georgetown , Ontario. For decades, W. Glen How and Associates have been deceiving the Court and the Public, deliberately misrepresenting themselves and pretending to be an independent lawfirm which occasionally represents Jehovah"

Source Witnesses.https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/155301/april-16th-court-hearing-lawrence-hughes

Further

https://thinkingwitnesses.org.za/supreme-court-of-canada-jehovahs-witnesses-under-review/

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Vandy In fairness to Watchtower, the author's thumbnail makes him appear younger than 50. This is relevent because, in the 70s, we were taught you may have anything but spiritual association with DF family. I must caveat this statement that I'm from the UK and I don't know if it was different elsewhere, or for appointed males (some of us were pioneers, though).

I appreciate Watchtower became far more hard-line a short while later in the early-mid 80s.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It would be great if their lies and deceit were exposed and came back to bite them in the ass!

Unfortunately, sometimes (usually) justice is slow.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Diogenesister - “…Watchtower became far more hard-line a short while later in the early-mid 80s.”

Yup

A semi-panicked and disproportionate response to the failure of 1975 and Ray Franz.

• Scully
    Scully

David Gnam. Even slimier than he's ever been, waging Theocratic Warfare™ in the Supreme Court of Canada.

Back when we were in the same Congregation™ in western Quebec, he wasn't a WT legal lapdog yet, but he was a mealy-mouthed slimeball even then. He (and his family) even shunned JWs who were struggling to stay regular in Service™ and Meeting Attendance™.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit