Watchtower intentionally misleading the court?

by Vanderhoven7 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Seems to me WT lawyers and witnesses cannot be trusted even under oath.

Mara Mitchell writes

As far as their family members are concerned, normal family relations continue with the exception of spiritual fellowship.”

Attached is a video on how Watchtower presents family members being treated by their family when defending themselves in court.

This is just a snippet of the court trial. The full trial is also available. I watched the whole thing because I was sure that this quote was being taken out of context. I was a fully believing JW when this video was sent to me. I couldn’t believe that this is what was being said.

https://youtu.be/5DiFM845NtE

I have been disfellowshipped twice, and hard core shunned both times. My brother-in-law had been shunning his father for over 20 years when I sent him this video. He was also in disbelief. We had NEVER heard this! I could, and I am sure many other people who answer this will, give dozens of references on how we are told to shun family members that are disfellowshipped.

I think nearly every JW who is not an elder is stunned, or even refuses to believe, that the elder’s manual specifically states that openly associating with a disfellowshipped family member is not a judicial committee matter, though associating with non-relatives is a judicial committee matter.

The way the attorney presented this in court is completely misleading though. Every JW knows we are told NOT to associate with disfellowshipped family members. The drama at the 2016 convention even has a young disfellowshipped woman trying to call her parents, shows them refusing to answer the phone, and she later states that she is glad that they didn’t, because if they had even spoken to her for a few minutes, it might have prevented her from feeling the need to return to Jehovah.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning,….because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar…

He talks just like his daddy!

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    drama at the 2016 convention even has a young disfellowshipped woman trying to call her parents, shows them refusing to answer the phone,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v7ZqOA89Dk

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

Yeah, that's definitely a lie. I have heard a couple individual JWs have that understanding but my family certainly has not understood it that way. If what he said was true I really wouldn't have such a problem with it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Lying= theocratic warfare.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Don’t you know that your family members made their own conscientious decision to quit associating with you of their own accord and without any undue influence from others.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls…

…if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don’t deserve to be defended.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Their own doctrine says that lying is okay. So why would they consider themselves bound by any oath they've made?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""God cannot lie"".

But, then again, an organization can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit