Immigration: The Truth about the LIe - CRIME

by Wonderment 61 Replies latest social current

• never a jw
    never a jw

I just did the math. If every American wanted to contribute his/her share to pay the national debt, he or she has to pay about 64K. That's over a quarter million dollar for a family of four (my family). Where the hell do I get that amount of money just to make sure that the U.S. is out of debt??!!!, but we are concerned about building a wall at the border that will serve no other purpose than make you feel good, and of course, increase the national debt

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

The real issue hear is where your imigrants come from, any country with an average national IQ of less than 91 is incapable of maintaining a high functioning, stable low crime society. My home city has a small Sudanese community that are always in the news for the wrong reasons. A recent police report stated that they make up 0.11% of the population and are responsible for 13.9% of the aggravated burglary offences, 7.44% of home invasions, 5.65% of car thefts.

https://youtu.be/LrcnZS-gbK0

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I would need to examine the data but I would think that illegal immigrants have a higher crime rate than legal immigrants.

I mean, illegals entered the US illegally. If they stay, they're criminality is rewarded. From their point of view, they may as well just carry on doing illegal stuff ...

OTOH, legal immigrants have respected US law when entering the country so they'd be more likely to continue living by the law as legit US citizens.

I'd be surprised if the data don't support these thoughts.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Wikipedia: “In fact, most studies in the U.S. have found lower crime rates among immigrants than among non-immigrants - ok, which types of immigrants were studied? Just the legals, or legals and illegals lumped together?

Likewise, which types of non-immigrants were studied? Was it all types of US citizens lumped together? Or was it just people from California> Or was it just black people from Chicago?

And lower crime rates, what does this mean? Does it mean total number of crimes committed by each group? Or number of crimes committed per 1000 people?

• Jehalapeno
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

[From Fox News] In reality, illegal immigrants have lower incarceration rates and live in places with lower crimes rates than native-born Americans - does illegal immigrants having lower incarceration rates mean they're committing less crime?

Illegal immigrants may just disappear off the system after arrival and get money illegally. Not just drug dealing or whatever but just working in the black market.

What I'm trying to say is ... if their names aren't on the system, it's gonna be difficult to incarcerate them.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    Some who come in come to smuggle drugs and people.

While this is true, most do not. And some end up in criminal activities because they face a lot of hostility and are not given any real opportunities. On the other hand, there are a lot of criminals that come from families living in their homeland for generations.

Places like Eastern Europe Poland and others who limit immigration and do not let in Muslims are not having the beheading, stabbings of killings as England, Germany and the USA.

Of course, there are also muslims in Poland (and they are exposed to a lot of hostily also driven by the government). Do you really think there is no murder in Poland? You just do not hear of it because it is not reported in your country and there is no political will to share it globally. On the other hand, target of Daesh is the free world. They want to devide and then recruit from those disappointed. They are quite transparent in their strategy. So, of what use would it be for them to attack a country that is already fighting muslims? Each time there is an attack in the free world and people start to discriminate agains peaceful Muslims they are doing the job for Daesh.

In Germany there are no go zones Women have been groped and rapped.

"No-go-zones" is a political combat term from the right-wing. Allegedly, it defines an area where even the police would not dare to enter. Again: there are NO no-go-areas in Germany. The last time I stated that, you came along with a list of incidents. Of course, you can collect this for every country in the world. But it still does not make your claim true.

Japan has very limited immigration and is very hydrogenous and it is very stable low crime and the people are happy.

Japan has an issue with speaking up. It is not that easy to evaluate a culture that is far away from yourself. The JW also seem to be very "happy" as long as no one speaks up: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/29/world/asia/japan-rape.html

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

A large population of El Paso's Hispanic population are immigrants. In fact, El Paso has one of the highest proportions of immigrants among U.S. cities. Many of these migrants are undocumented. If those who fear Mexican immigration are right, then El Paso should be a hotbed of violence. As it turns out, El Paso is one of the safest cities in the United States with a homicide rate of 2.4 per 100,000 residents - interesting. But do all the undocumented [illegal] immigrants stay in El Paso?

Could it be possible that a good proportion of undocumented immigrants move away from El Paso and into other areas?

Is this study making the mistake of assuming that all undocumented immigrants to El Paso just stay in El Paso?

If, say, 50% of undocumented immigrants in El Paso moved on to other areas, would it be easy for US authorities to track their movement?

And is the low homicide rate of illegals in El Paso typical for illegals or is it an anomaly?

• Simon
    Simon

They are 'fake news' because they are twisting the facts and using unclear language.

The fact is that immigrants, legal ones, do commit less crime - they are self-selected and usually you can't enter if you have a criminal record so you are filtering out people who have already show a propensity for crime and they tend to be better educated etc...

But illegal immigrants have a 100% crime rate from the start because they have violated the immigration laws. Many then commit other crimes at a higher rate because they often commit fraud, identity theft and sometimes violent crimes.

Claiming they are more law abiding because the states where some go to have lower crime rates is ... it's just not how you do statistics or cause and effect.

Imagine lots of immigrants head to wealthy states - does that mean immigrants raise income levels?

That's before we even got to what the definition of 'crime' is that they are using and how they measure it - serious crime? based on convictions? do they include how many fail to appear for court appearances or go to 'sanctuary cities' which refuse to prosecute immigrants?

So [unclear group] doesn't do [undefined thing] as much as others because we're [measuring something else]. Less convincing eh?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    So [unclear group] doesn't do [undefined thing] as much as others. Less convincing eh?

Since this is the counter-argumentation against "those criminal immigrants" the original argument seems not to be convincing, either. Nevertheless, the "criminal" act of trespassing itself and making "100% crime rate" is not a personal threat but only serves to criminalize those immigrants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit