Would a loving creator give humans the gift of free will?

by Heisenberg 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I am OK to not have free will if it means I will live forever in perfect paradisiac conditions.

As I've never been in this state as I understand it I don't feel I could agree

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Would a loving creator give humans the gift of free will?

...Image result for Angry god wtf..Image result for Free will

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

When people tell me that God has not given them any evidence to base their faith upon, I am dumbfounded. God gives solid evidence to people to experience so they can put their mind at ease and have hope -at least that is what I have personally experienced and I am not any more special than anyone.

Isn't this typical? A person who happened to have his wishes met, see this as evidence of God's existence.

1000 people pray, asking God for a job. 5 of them happen to find a job, therefore these 5 go dancing on the streets praising god and reaffirming that god surely does exist. The other 995 ignore the obvious failures of their prayers, or reason with themselves that maybe god doesn't think getting a job would be good.

Or maybe someone prays to God asking desperately for money. The next day they find money on the street and so they go proclaiming to all that can hear, that god exists and he is great. All along, tens of thousands of others who also prayed for money, find nothing and get no resolution.

Millions of athletes pray to god before their game, then thank him for the win after the game, while millions dying of starvation pray for bread and get nothing return.

Dumbfounded is a good word to describe how anybody would think that god has anything to do with such disparity.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

A person who happened to have his wishes met, see this as evidence of God's existence.

i dont think it is always your wishes

• James Brown
    James Brown

In my opinion the bible is written with symbols, metaphors, allegories and other literary devices and one must spend a lifetime studying and reading it.

I think all of mans problems are because man dose not follow the 10 commandments.

Gods desire to be worshipped by humans is God directing people to focus on him and the 10 commandments.

On this earth people can choose if they want to live in an orderly Godly way or be free to pursue whatever whim pleases their fancy.

No one knows what happens after we die. But the bible says that those who love God and his ways will be with him. And those who do not love God and his ways will not be with him.

Why does God act the way he does? No one knows for sure. The Bible describes his actions as being based on love.

I think you can spend the rest of your life trying to figure out and find answers to why things are the way they are from there is no God to various theories on why things are the way they are.

In my opinion a loving creator would and did give man free will.

I can't prove but that is what I think.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

In my opinion the bible is written with symbols, metaphors, allegories and other literary devices and one must spend a lifetime studying and reading it.

And millions of people have felt the same, over 2,000 years, and have come up with all sorts of interpretations by the end of their life.

That's not very helpful now is it?

I can't prove but that is what I think.

And many Jews feel the same about the Torah.

And even more Muslims feel the same about the Koran.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

You are attempting to measure God with your ruler.

Well duh, who else can we compare God too?

If he falls short of an imperfect human ruler, then there's a serious problem with God. Not us.

• cofty
    cofty
    I think all of mans problems are because man dose not follow the 10 commandments. - James Brown

Are you going by the Elohist version at Exodus 20 or the Yahwist list at Exodus 34?

It was very important to Yahweh not to cook a kid in its mothers milk. In fact I think you are on to something. That is what's wrong with the world today, too much boiling of kids in milk!

• James Brown
    James Brown
    I think all of mans problems are because man dose not follow the 10 commandments. - James Brown

Are you going by the Elohist version at Exodus 20 or the Yahwist list at Exodus 34?

It was very important to Yahweh not to cook a kid in its mothers milk. In fact I think you are on to something. That is what's wrong with the world today, too much boiling of kids in milk!

That is mosaic law not the 10 commandments.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    That is mosaic law not the 10 commandments.

The 10 commandments ARE the Mosaic Law too. lol

Swing....and a miss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit