Would a loving creator give humans the gift of free will?

by Heisenberg 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Brown
    James Brown

Posted by James Brown

In my opinion a loving creator would and did give man free will.

And that is the whole problem with opinions. They are based on how we see the world. This depends on where we were born, how we were treated, what we were taught and everything else that happened before we had that opinion.

Do you think someone born into a Hindu family in India would have the same choices in life as someone born in Italy? Would they both be taught about the Abrahamic God? When does the person born in India get to get to exercise their free will so they can put their faith in Jesus?

I post lots of opinions. I am an opinion generator.

I have lived to be 63 and do not feel that I have had free will very many times in my life.

I always had to go to work to pay my bills. I could only stay home when I had a day off.

I had to be a JW until I figured out I did not have to be one. I could not leave one minute before.

One opinion I have in my data banks from extensive reading on the subject from a wall of books in my library. Is that we are God and we are all parts of God spirits having material experiences. And we are trying to find our way home.

Another opinion is that we are In a matrix. We are in a computer program. Personally, I have seen some tears in the fabric to support that opinion.

I am pretty sure, I will never know for sure what is going on in this life and be able to post it on this discussion board.

I am stuck with opinions.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Fisherman.....

"because of my faith in him based on solid evidence"

You can believe what the bible says all you like, prophets and all. That is not evidence for an existing god. And certainly nowhere near enough to say you have a close personal relationship with him.

Again, where is this 'evidence' that you speak of? I truly want to draw close to this god, only he doesnt answer any prayer that i or others have muttered for me, and he wont or cant help a single starving child.

He cant stop earthquakes or tsunamis, or does he turn away and close his eyes when these things happen?

This 'god' of whom people speak of is your imaginary friend that hands you a blanky every time you get scared of dying.

What is your personal, not scripture quotes, your personal evidence? Help me come back to god......

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    You can believe what the bible says all you like, prophets and all. That is not evidence for an existing god. And certainly nowhere near enough to say you have a close personal relationship with him.

OK. End of discussion.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Thats it. Run away. Because you have NO answer to basic reason. But then I suppose, your god did grant you free will to not use your critical thinking skills.

All the best.

• Kick50r
    Kick50r

The problem surfaces really for these sort of questions when we apply logic for the outcome is not expected by religious people

If by creator we imply the god of the bible as it is portrayed and

If by free will we imply self awareness / sentient in the way we can calculate different outcomes/consequences to a decision differently from an animal then:

An all knowing god , by giving "free will" would know the outcome and ALL that came to be would be his will , including the "wars in heavens and earth"

OMG ^^

Take Care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit